Used 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:

FLYING OUT THE WINDOW..
By redlipstickon

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This car was my first brand new car I have owned and I had it for a year and one month. I have decided to trade it in. Within the first month the back tail light had a small hole and water was getting in, so I had that replaced, At about 10 months the driver window rotator burned out so my window would not go all the way up and I had to get that replaced. Lastly I was driving back from a road-trip when I hear the "helicopter noise" a car makes when a window is open. I look at my side mirror and see the small backseat window FLY OFF! It literally de glued and flew off the car in the middle of the highway! Clear as to why I am now trading it in. I really loved the car :( w/out all this.

The XM radio and bluetooth features came in so handy on long drives I loved them.

More leg room and sturdier method for the middle arm rest compartment. It was really flimsy and sometimes would open by itself.

Best car I've ever owned!
By rossk

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned nearly 30 cars, and the Genesis Coupe is by far my favorite.
It's comfortable, fun to drive, reliable (no problems after 30,000 miles), and it looks great.
Hyndai name or not, this is one of the best values for the money, and one of the best sports coupes - period - on the market today.
It may not be the fastest 0-60, but it sure is quick, and it has amazing handling characteristics.
If you are looking for a PURE sports car that is liveable & reliable, this is the car for you.
I can't wait to drive this car every day!

Definitely the handling, and the value for the money. XM radio & bluetooth, plus iPod connectivity - all viewable through the info screen. I know many cars have these features, but it's a plus in a sports car like this, for not a ton of money. Also, I like the push-start ignition. No key required! This car also has great seats, very supportive for sporty driving, yet comfortable for long journeys. Back seat is actually LARGER than you would think. Anyone up to 5'5" should be just fine. There is also plenty of legroom. Lastly, this car looks great inside and out. I never get tired of it.

Not many. The info screen for music/ipod/bluetooth has a character limit. I wish it would show all text (without scrolling). performance is good with the turbo-4, but I know Hyundai has a more powerful turbo-4 in the Sonata...wouldn't mind that upgrade! The stereo is very good, but would sound stronger with a bit more sound insulation from the road. And the subwoofer is adequate, but can be boomy (could be tighter). Lastly, gas mileage is good for a turbo-4, but nowhere near the claimed 21/31 figure from Hyundai. I get 17/26 on premium.

Genesis coupe buyers BEWARE
By jorgep

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Got car brand new with 30 miles in odometer, @ 1500 miles dealer replaced tranny under warranty because of grinding gears on 2nd and 3rd gear, after several trips to the dealer tranny still grinds, tried to talked to consumer affairs and so far no responce, do your research before buying this car, this is not an isolated problem many customers complaining with the SAME issue and Hyundai so far have not find a fix for the problem. This is from the 2010 brochure: Triple-cone synchronizers on first through third gears help ensure smooth and durable shifting, whether you’re headed up or down through the gears." Smooth??? No way it is smooth, my 2001 honda civic sounds better than this car, durable??? my tranny lasted only 1500 miles. This is just for them to sell you the car, then once you get it they will ingnore you

Overal quality and customer service needs to improve.

Honest Facts
By Anonymous

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car and if you know what you are doing I have gotten as high as 35mpg on the expressway. There are some flaws with the trans, had mine replaced once with no questions asked. Car runs and handles great never a problem with getting me where I need to go. I am from Chicago so weather with the track pack. wheels is an issue. You will need winter wheels. I have over 25k miles on mine and is stil a blast. Many road trips and the comfort and ride is great. Always get a lot of attention in this car, thumbs up or questions at the gas station. Once they get this shifter figured out down the road I would give this a full 10/10.

RWD with LSD. Steering responce. Very well balanced car. Lots of front passanger and driver space to get comfortable on long drives in.

The 2.0T could use some more power, trans with shifting while cold is a pain with it was made a little better. Clutch is a little soft, very expensive to replace just over $4,000 for clutch and flywheel from Hyundai. Sometimes Drive by whire delay on throttel responce wish it was a little sharper.

Best Hyundai effort yet
By Agent Cook

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I got this car in March after reading up about it. I owned 2 tiburons previous to this car, and I must say this is the best Hyundai I drove yet. The handling is great and the power from the Turbo is excellent. For the money, it cant be beat.

everything

the only improvements that I can think of is the manual transmission, and the gas mileage. The manual isn't terrible, but needs improvement. The car does not get 30 miles to the gallon, I got 23 and that was driving it nicely.