Used 2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Still Smooth and Quiet at 37000
By hyundaidan

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the 2010 Elantra GLS with 1500 mi as a dealer demo...now have 37000 mi over a year later. No repairs yet just oil changes (Mobil 1) and had the transmission fluid and coolant changed at 30,000 miles. Still have original tires, down to 5/32 of an inch of tread...I recently drove a 2011 Elantra (new body style) and was surprised how much harsher and noisier the ride was than my 2010...must have something to do with the 2011's not having an independent rear suspension.

silent idle and freeway cruising, independent front and independent rear suspension, 30+ mpg, smooth I-4 engine. fit and finish, Design, Reliability and Overall Value

Telescoping steering wheel

Worst Car I've Ever Owned!
By whyohwhy1

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When accelerating, it lags A LOT; when I punch it, it stands still and then goes.
Very dangerous.
afraid to let my son drive it. Very jerky.
Between 20-40 mph, car lags; Driver's seat upholstry keeps "puckering".
Was given a hard time by dealership.
Told me it was normal wear and tear. (Have seen several Hyundais from previous years with 100,000 miles on them & they don't have this "wear & tear" problem.) They finally repaired it, only to happen again a week later.
Now they're trying the old "wear & tear" line again. Very loud car.
Feel every bump I go over.
Outside noise is loud.
I'd turn up radio but radio fades, when I come to a stop. I could go on & on.
Do not get this car!!

Price was good, but not for what I ended up getting. Wish I would have stuck with Toyota. Extremely disappointed with this car!

I 've heard they fixed the lagging and jerking in the 2011 model. Guess I should have waited.

great car (25000 miles in 10 months)
By hale1

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was a little suspect with Hyundai because of their reputation from their early years, but when I was car shopping the civic, toyota, and chevy cobalt did not compare in bang for the buck. I just wanted a gas friendly car to replace my z71. The worst mpg I have ever got is 29mpg with 36mpg on my recent trip from sc to fl. I made it from olrando to columbia sc on one tank of gas! interior is excellent given the class of car and the ipod hookup is great. The only two concerns I have had are: the light colored seats stain REALLY easy.. even from a water spill and my transmission has done a few quirky things while accelerating. Nothing to make me think it is going to break, just a hard shift.

great mpg, nice interior, comfortable.. even in the back seat.

A little more support for the lumbar in the front

18,000 miles and still great
By fredtwenty2

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very happy with my $14,000 commuter car.
excellent on gas, reliability, comfort and all around easy car to own.
I'm glad I didn't wait for the 2011 model, b/c it seems to be about $10,000 more.

Easy to use, easy to drive. very basic yet seems to have all the amenities I want in a commuter car.

9 months into it
By worldbfree

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I now have about 16k on the car, over 100 mile daily commute.
I ask a lot of the car and it meets my needs. It has plenty of pep.
I can get to / cruise at 80-85 no problem.
I just got over 32 m.p.g. for the first time, slowed down used cruise, plenty roomy - reliable, seats have improved.
It does not glide or float down the road like my 08 Sonata 4 cyl but I had my 2002 Elantra 8 years 193k, you can't go wrong with a 2010 Elantra not as pretty as the 11 but for about $13,500 c'mon auto,cruise,ac etc. - average about 30 m.p.g.

More comfortable seat