Used 2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

1 year owned review
By screwedinaz

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Blue 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

overall its not a bad car with the best feature being with 3.50 gas prices 25 bucks about fills the tank at 3/4 empty. with the 5 speed manual i dont have to wait for transmission to shift if i need to pass some body drop a gear and just go. the seating is a bit stiff to say the least trunk space easily holds to big duffle bags. the car did not come with a radio but that was an easy fix. installing a radio was a breeze too 1 phillips head screwdriver and a pry tool to remove face plate.

manual transmission. i love it i control the fuel flow how it shifts and when i change gears. gas mileage in the city is pretty good (25) to if you know how to run the 5 speed manual. clutch is very light. i am not a small guy 6.4 250 i fit into driver seat with very little effort. it does have a cabin air filter behind glove box which helps alot out here with the desert dust.

this is the poor build quality rating. driver side door has awful rattle the slightest thing hits this car its a ding. interior plastics are not forgiving at all and scratch easily. my driver side door and back (trunk side) of seats show this clearly. on cold days there is an annoying rattle in the center of the dash when it warms up it does disappear.

2010 Elantra GLS PZEV - 11,000 Miles
By njscorpio

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

First I would like to address two issues mentioned in other reviews. Those with "bouncy" suspension seem to have the SE models. I haven't had those problems with the GLS. Also it was said that there is a delay in acceleration. That is true, but that is due to the ECO mode. There is a slight delay when accelerating from below (aprox) 3,000rpm to above 3,000. It has something to do with keeping your driving at low, gas conserving RPMs. Disable ECO mode (by hitting TRIP till you see ECO ON, then holding TRIP until off) and you will have much smoother acceleration.

- Roomy for the footprint of the vehicle. - Solid sounding stereo, can clearly listen to music with windows down on the highway. - Pleasant interior design, and I still like the glowing blue dash lights. - Clean look, it doesn't look sporty, but it also isn't a ticket magnet. - Steering and handling is responsive enough to not feel disconnected from the road.

- A turbo would make a world of difference. There is enough power to comfortably pull into traffic, or pass on the highway, but it feels like JUST enough. - Like it's power, the styling is JUST enough. Nice headlights, tail lights, and grill, but everything else is as bland as a potato.

Still Smooth and Quiet at 37000
By hyundaidan

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the 2010 Elantra GLS with 1500 mi as a dealer demo...now have 37000 mi over a year later. No repairs yet just oil changes (Mobil 1) and had the transmission fluid and coolant changed at 30,000 miles. Still have original tires, down to 5/32 of an inch of tread...I recently drove a 2011 Elantra (new body style) and was surprised how much harsher and noisier the ride was than my 2010...must have something to do with the 2011's not having an independent rear suspension.

silent idle and freeway cruising, independent front and independent rear suspension, 30+ mpg, smooth I-4 engine. fit and finish, Design, Reliability and Overall Value

Telescoping steering wheel

Worst Car I've Ever Owned!
By whyohwhy1

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When accelerating, it lags A LOT; when I punch it, it stands still and then goes.
Very dangerous.
afraid to let my son drive it. Very jerky.
Between 20-40 mph, car lags; Driver's seat upholstry keeps "puckering".
Was given a hard time by dealership.
Told me it was normal wear and tear. (Have seen several Hyundais from previous years with 100,000 miles on them & they don't have this "wear & tear" problem.) They finally repaired it, only to happen again a week later.
Now they're trying the old "wear & tear" line again. Very loud car.
Feel every bump I go over.
Outside noise is loud.
I'd turn up radio but radio fades, when I come to a stop. I could go on & on.
Do not get this car!!

Price was good, but not for what I ended up getting. Wish I would have stuck with Toyota. Extremely disappointed with this car!

I 've heard they fixed the lagging and jerking in the 2011 model. Guess I should have waited.

great car (25000 miles in 10 months)
By hale1

2010 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was a little suspect with Hyundai because of their reputation from their early years, but when I was car shopping the civic, toyota, and chevy cobalt did not compare in bang for the buck. I just wanted a gas friendly car to replace my z71. The worst mpg I have ever got is 29mpg with 36mpg on my recent trip from sc to fl. I made it from olrando to columbia sc on one tank of gas! interior is excellent given the class of car and the ipod hookup is great. The only two concerns I have had are: the light colored seats stain REALLY easy.. even from a water spill and my transmission has done a few quirky things while accelerating. Nothing to make me think it is going to break, just a hard shift.

great mpg, nice interior, comfortable.. even in the back seat.

A little more support for the lumbar in the front