2002 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Best Car I've owned

2002 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Best Car I've owned
By inlinewhine on

2002 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car Feburary 2003 with 7k miles on for $11,300 and still own it into 2012 and don't plan on selling it. It has 106k miles on it now and the only problems i've had with the car were the e-brake cable boot came off when driving in snowy conditions and the cable froze. Warenty covered it. My blower motor quit working on low speed which was also replaced under warrenty. My map sensor failed at 98k miles and the vehicle died. it started up 20 minutes later and was able to make it to a repair shop.
I am hard on vehicles and I will admit I bought this vheichle for the warrenty. I drive it hard everyday and it keeps on running smooth averageing 33 mpg.

Premium leather, blue gauges, versitile trunk space, the engine is peppy and returns fantastic mileage. I am so impressed with this vehicle and displeased with nearly everyother vehicle i've owned that I am extremely loyal to Hyundai.

road noise.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By sportsdude
on 05/13/13 10:18 AM (PDT)

how is the car running today? Im looking at an 02 elantra with 135,000 miles for 3,000. Worried about the high mileage! Would appreciate your opinion!