Used 2009 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Great up to 100k
By Rachel

2009 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car brand new in 2009 and was always well maintained. After just 300 miles short of 130k the timing belt snapped while on the interstate at 11pm. It therefore screwed up the entire engine rendering it worthless (to replace the engine would exceed the value of the vehicle itself). Was incredibly reliable until around 100k when things started going wrong, including some things repetitively. For being the base model, the only impressive things that it had for the time were SiriusXM and an aux jack. Other than that, silly things broke including the life for the truck (inside the cabin, the angle the lever was, was not well thought out as repetitive use caused it to snap).

terrible running
By ron

2009 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

car is very unreliable car has only 140.000 miles an it very very well maintain but car is having engine not worth buying stick with toyotas

The penalty box
By Robin

2009 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been used and abused to no end.Driven high and wide through sleet ,snow ,chicken poop,low on fluids in below zero and hundred degree stop and go Boston traffic.And still she gives me no gripes.I even put her in first at the light and leave 'em in the dust for fun.The poor thing hardly ever even gets an oil change and only a top up of half a quart now and then when i check the others.I have done the timing belt twice with one new water pump,two ball joints from pot holes,and new belts all aroud.The heat blows hot,ac cool,seats as hard and uncomfortable as ever.i don't know why she treats me so well.I love her for it.I should be nicer.Bought her new,8 years ago.

The penalty box
By Robin

Bad Mileage
By jeniferlw

2009 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car used a little over 2 years ago. It had high mileage but the price was right and I trusted the Hyundai brand. Boy was I wrong. The car functioned fairly well for the first 2 years, I was getting the street mileage ( 26 mpg) but was no where close to the highway mileage (35 mpg). Then in April my mileage suddenly dropped. Since then I now average 20 mpg, which is 200 miles per tank. Basically I can no longer afford to drive the car. I contacted Hyundai who told me to take it to their service dept. I have spent over $500 to try and figure out the issue. The only thing left to try is the fuel consumption test, which I am saving up for.