Used 2018 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews

Used Pilot for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

will get you killed

Breon, 03/11/2019
Elite w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

i have a 2018 Honda pilot elite, bought in late 2018, liked the car pretty good, (took awhile to get a handle on the very busy steering wheel and dash) but my biggest complaint is the safety features. myself, my wife and another couple were going into another town for dinner and we were on the interstate traveling 70 mph, traffic was pretty heavy, there was a car in front of us about 7/8 car lengths ahead. another car passed on left and when he got in front of me (3 car lengths) he came over into my lane, causing my car to slam on the brakes, sliding to a stop. the cars behind me had to slam on their brakes almost causing a very bad accident. needless to say i got the you are #1 sign from everyone behind me. it happened so fast i couldn't do anything. So... i suggest that you be aware of this: i'm turning the safety features off in mine, if i can.

Don’t buy this car

Cats don’t like water. , 02/12/2020
EX-L 4dr SUV w/Honda Sensing (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I loved this car, past tense. The entertainment screen goes blank when it wants to and I had to start video taping it before the dealer would admit it even happened. The car refuses to start on really cold mornings so I have to use remote start first then I can start the car to drive it The dealership said they could figure out why. I suggested they check the Honda forums. It’s there. But today was it. The car started accelerating out of control while on adaptive cruise and then de accelerated out of control — that’s dangerous. DANGEROUS Honda said they couldn’t replicate my problem. I apologized for not being able to video it like I had when my entertainment screen goes blank. Told them I was busy trying to stop my out of control car. They asked when I would like to come get my car. I told them I wasn’t. Asked them to drive It up and down the hwy to try to replicate it instead of “hooking it up” in the shop. Then we could talk. Update: screens still go blank. Have not used adaptive cruise, lane assist or any of the other features. Car is unpredictable and I’m looking to sell before it’s off warranty. DoNY BuY 2Ol8

My last Honda purchase ever.

ABH, 12/01/2018
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Used to love Honda. Driven Honda and Acura for many years. This Pilot is garbage. I don't think it's any better than a GMC or Chrysler. The technology isn't great unless you pay 50K for the touring package. Suspension has a clunky sound- they claim it's due to their super high technology shock absorbers. Whatever- they sound like crap. The transmission is complete and utter junk if you live in the mountains. You can't down shift effectively to save brakes. Also transmission won't cold start. Mind you, I live in California so it's not really that cold here. But if it gets down to 40 at night, then Pilot takes a second or two to engage transmission after I shift. Driver seat is cheap and uncomfortable. I drive a 22 year old Toyota with 185k miles on it that is more comfortable to sit in. Lumbar support is pretty much non existent. I mean it's there and all, but it really doesn't do anything. Stereo is literally a joke. Honda killed the audio quality with their stupid noise canceling. You can find about a million hits and threads about how bad it is. You can even find videos teaching you how to disable the noise cancelling. The Honda Pilot is garbage. I'll be surprised if lasts 20k miles without serious work. If you're thinking about buying one, then save yourself some headaches and pay the extra money for the Acura MDX. They share the same AWD system, but the Acura uses completely different parts otherwise.

Hi-tech Pilot

Chuck, 03/10/2018
Elite w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Just traded in my 2005 Pilot for the new 2018 Pilot Elite. There is definitely a learning curve to get used to the new technology. The lane keeping assist and interactive cruise control take some getting used to, but after a week or so you get used to the alarm for steering required and automatic breaking. Now I am used to the new tech and miss it when I drive my other car. I am definitely much safer in the new Pilot.

Love My Honda's

LOVEmyHonda, 01/27/2018
EX-L w/Rear Entertainment System 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a Civic Hatch and a Pilot and love them both. We gave our 2013 Honda Civic to our daughter and traded in our leased 2015 Toyota Highlander. Hands down the Pilot blows the Highlander away. It's so smooth and a dream to drive. We have always purchased our Honda's from Lindsay Honda. Their customer service is hands down the best. They make sure you are totally satisfied throughout the life of the car. Mike was great to work with. We took many hours trying to make our decision regarding which vehiclies were right for us. He is very knowledgable and answered all our questions. He also took time with us after the vehicles were purchased to go over all the features and connect our phones. We are 100% satisfied with our experience and would highly recommend buying a Honda from Mike at Lindsay Honda.

12345...14