Used 2018 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews

Used Pilot for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Great Vehicle

David, 04/12/2018
Elite w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Purchased the 2018 Elite after much research. Very happy with our decision. We were between the Pilot, Highlander, and Atlas. The Highlander was smaller and didn’t have Apple CarPlay. The Atlas, although nice, doesn’t have the track record the Highlander and Pilot have. Although many reviews complain about the 9-speed transmission, we have been happy. It does behave differently than a traditional transmission but it just takes time to get used to. Very happy with how quiet the interior is at highway speed and the ride is great. Very happy with the mileage we are getting so far. We only have a few dislikes…the infotainment system is a little slow and not quite as intuitive as it could be. I wish the auto start/stop feature could be disabled permanently instead of having to do it at each start-up. Although it has the premium sound system, the bass is lacking but is sufficient for a family hauler. I wish the Honda Link app would allow you to remotely start the car. Rear entertainment system is great for trips with the kids. I can use the HDMI input and use my phone to stream movies. Overall very satisfied with our purchase.

New Pilot

Dennis, 07/17/2018
EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It is a bit difficult getting used to the Pilot. It does not ride as well as my Highlander and the acceleration seems a bit sluggish. Overall, this is a spacious vehicle that seems to be well made. Gas mileage is very good with economy mode. Disappointed in the high cost of roof rack and trailer hitch - neither are standard features. I have had some trouble with the push button start. Phone system has been giving me trouble. Voice command does not work unless phone is plugged in. My favorite aspect is the great visibility this vehicle offers. Wish my pilot had assisted cruise control.

Anything but honda

Em hida, 09/11/2019
LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Brand new Honda first owner woman drive ,my car started making noises in the front axle after 32000 miles I took it to dealership and they told me that I need new axles and the warranty will cover the repair but only one at the time Honda only replace one axle so I went home with one new axle and another making noises I waited two weeks and went back for the second repair and they fixed now after 15 months from the second repair went back to the dealer for the same problem bad axle but now is not covered and I need to pay $680 I call North American Honda to complain because if they replace my axles with new oem parts isn’t right to have the same issue after waiting two weeks for an answer they called me and told they will pay for the axle and I needed to pay for labor $380 plus shop fees .useless warranty and low quality cars from Honda , in my family we have like 11 Honda’s so far 4 members change to Toyota and the rest of the family are looking for Chevy and Mazda me personally will go to GM And because I meet new people every day I told my story every opportunity I have

Bumper scapes

Major Nurse, 07/08/2018
EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my Honda Odessey for the 2018 Pilot the only thing I don't like about the Silver color is that the paint has started chipping off the bumper. Out of all the cars I have had this has never happen especially since the car was brought brand new and is only a few months old. I paid the extra money for the paint warranty and when I took it to Honda to get the bumper painted they made it seem like it was my issue but after pleading my case they decided to repaint the bumper. All the bumpers on the Silver pilot should have the bumper guard added as part of the car. Because I am sure I am not the only customer with the Silver Pilot having that issue. Honda please consider putting a better quality paint coat on the bumper of the Silver pilot.

Honda Pilot 2018 EX-L w/ Sensing Obsidian Blue

DannyT, 08/27/2018
EX-L w/Honda Sensing 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

About 1 month into ownership. Purchased over Highlander because it was slightly larger and had new tech with Apple Car Play and the large touch screen. This vehicle is 11 model years newer than the Ridgeline that traded. The technology upgrades are very significant; however there is a persistent problem with the entertainment and access ports. Honda dealer is unable to accurately diagnose and correct. Big learning curve but I am enjoying this SUV. The fuel mileage is better than expected for this substantial vehicle. The economy setting helps. I am looking forward to a longer highway journey in late September to determine how it will do on a long trip. Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase. I visited three dealerships and drove four vehicles in my search. I researched this size SUV using many internet resources. Recommend getting internet prices to enter the fray. Expect significant negotiations to get the lowest price. I purchased during the model year change over and at the end of the month.

12345...14