Used 2018 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews

Used Pilot for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

New 2018 Pilot EX-L AWD Owner

James Deitrick, 09/21/2018
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have only had the car for three weeks and have 1000 miles on it. Overall, I like the car. It looks great inside and out. The seats are very roomy and comfortable. We like the fact that it has Apple Carplay so you can display your GPS from your Iphone on the information screen w/o spending an additional $1000 for a NAV system. The engine seems "peppy" enough. There seems to be more road noise than with some other mid-sized SUVs we test drove and we do have a small "rattle" in the back somewhere that we cannot identify. The mileage readout shows much higher mileage than you are actually getting (as much as 2.7 mpg higher than actual). The three row seating is nice. The third row is very comfortable once you are in there; however, getting in and especially out is for kids or young adults!

Luv it!!!

Nily, 03/10/2018
EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

An awesome SUV! It's comfortable and drives very smoothly. There is no reason to choose an European SUV over this amazing machine. I like everything about this car. If I were to change something on this SUV, the headlights should be more brighter and not that yellowish color. The lighting of these bulbs are on the low side and at night I would prefer to have better visibility. Other than that, it's superb!

1 month and 400 miles in

Bill, 03/25/2018
Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

We’ve been in the car a month and took a trip to San Antonio and back for Spring Break. We’ve never owned any car model that was equipped over base models i.e. power windows and locks. We are somewhat savvy with new electronics. That said the dealership (Vandergriff Honda) assumed we got enough of a briefing at the delivery because they forgot us after that. The rear entertainment took over all systems and we had heck figuring that out for ourselves. There are 4 screens for apps and widgets but the system doesn’t allow any or there are none available. I checked forums. Apple CarPlay is the only option that works. Changing from radio channels to navigation on CarPlay needs to be done by a passenger for sure. Lane Keep is taking some getting used to and the new cruise control isn’t built with Texas traffic in mind. You have to set options like door locks and auto lock for each remote. The mirrors are included in seat memory despite what the salesman says. We still really like driving the car though.

Unusual noise

Pasquale, 10/12/2018
EX-L w/Honda Sensing 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This my 4th Honda and by far my least liked. There is an unusual noise coming from under the rear area, (location unknown) when going over uneven pavement and small bumps. Sounds like metal to metal contact. I took to the dealer and they couldn't replicate the noise. Very frustrated after spending all that money for this vehicle. Quality has gone down dramatically. I am considering getting rid of it asap.

Great Escape

Art, 02/20/2018
Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment System 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

The Car is "great". We are still learning all the technology in the car. The only downside is the auto engine shut off. The auto shutoff is really weird. We don't like the roughness in the - on/ off - function. The system can be shut off but will come on with each engine start. Have had the car for a year but the AUTO SHUT OFF just sucks. Hope Honda programs the AUTO SHUT OFF system to stay off.

12345...14