Used 2013 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

GREAT CARGO SPACE, COMFORTABLE RIDE
By Marilyn

2013 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car because I had taken a road trip with my cousin in her Honda Pilot and was very impressed with the comfort and ride. When shopping for cars, I was looking for a spacious cargo area as I often pick up materials for my husband's business as a builder and remodeler of homes and commercial buildings. I have hauled windows, doors, floor tiles, plumbing and electrical items, and much more in my Pilot and love the space. For everyday shopping, the "hidden" storage in the side wall and floor of the cargo area are wonderful. The ride is smooth, with little road noise and the engine is super quiet. On the downside, all seats could have used a bit more padding (mostly noticeable on long drives) and the second row leg room is too cramped for those with long legs. The paint is easily nicked (by flying road debris and by fingernails on the outer door latches). MPG is not great but this is a big SUV and I am comfortable with the trade-off. I keep my vehicles until they start costing more to repair than to replace or maintain, so I don't intend to buy again anytime soon. But I will definitely be looking at the Pilot when it comes time to replace this one.

Loved my Pilot.
By KA Cheatum

2013 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove this vehicle for four years and never for a moment had any regrets. The leather interior was Labrador friendly - easy to clean. All three seating areas are comfortable. I really liked having the shifter above the console, leaving room for my bag. The cargo area is cavernous with the third row of seats flat. I would not have traded, but I fell for the new Pilot and the new safety features. The only thing I would like to have had on my 2013 and my new one is a rear facing laser to vaporize the fools who drive with their heads in the clouds or their phones or where ever their heads are that they cannot see another vehicle in their immediate path! There are multiple rearend collisions daily on one busy street!

Good not great
By Greg

2013 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda is supposed to be one of the best for value and reliability but my experience with two Honda Pilots has shown me that this brand is just average at best. My first Pilot a 2008 blew the engine at 70,000 miles (no one believed that could happen with a Honda but it did!). We replaced with a 2013 that is developing a long list of repairs already at 70,000 miles. Both were/are faithfully serviced at the dealer. My enthusiasm for Honda Pilots is definitely not as positive as it used to be.

Our new Kayak Hauler
By Jack

2013 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle replaced our old 95 Explorer as a family work vehicle. So far I am very happy with it!

Lives up to expectations
By Hayden Garriques

2013 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It has an "Eco" function that cannot be overridden. At cruising speed the computer takes over and adjusts the engine work rate do that gas mileage is optimized. When this happens, there is a perceptible difference: you hear it and feel it. If you go into a testdrive without knowing or anticipating this event, the experience will be underwhelming. It is easy to get accustomed to the sensation though, especially when you realize the benefit: persistently getting 25mpg on a large body suv. Most vehicle in this class aren't so generous. The ride is not luxurious, but always comfortable. It is too early in ownership for me to comment on reliability of this particular vehicle, but it is a Honda. On prior experience the notion of an unreliable Honda is, by now, oxymoronic.