Used 2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Fit for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Fit is still the best B-segment car (but for how long)

mhadden1, 05/05/2011

This thing is a blast to drive, has respectable mpgs (above EPA estimates), and has more space than anyone could guess from the outside. Although the materials in the cabin are decent, it won't take you long to see they are relatively cheap. You'll also notice the "small" things that you may be use to are not present (heated mirrors, adjustable intermittent wipers). Small gripes, but noticeable. The manual trans shifts smoothly, but a 6th gear is needed to bring the rpms at 60mph below 3k. The Fit is still nice, but other cars are catching up to it (material quality and options, not to mention lower priced). The question is whether or not they will match Honda's long-term reliability...

Second Time Around's the Charm

cmj9120, 03/31/2011

I just got my second Fit; an upgrade from a 2010 Base to a 2011 Sport w/ Nav. Before that I was a Volvo guy, so... The Fit is reliable, fun, comfortable, versatile, and easy to drive as well as inexpensive to own. The mini-sport-hatchback factor was hard to resist in the 2010. In the upgraded 2011, it's spectacular. It is worth noting a Fit bested a Ferrari in a lane-change maneuver at over 70mph. Suffice it to say I look forward to traffic-free exit ramps. I have to say, most of the negative reviews of this car seem to not make any sense. If they're unhappy with something, didn't they look at/drive/test the car before they bought it? Bizarre. In sum: Fit + Me = Happy Happy, Joy Joy.

Great car! I hope you got the manual

sdcole, 02/25/2011

To begin my review, i am a "car guy" having owned a slew of german and high-end vehicles. I actually traded a 2003 BMW 530i for my Sport Fit! after driving the automatic, i was to say the least unimpressed in the drivetrain, but before leaving with my tail tucked, i decided to try the 5speed!! what a glorious decision!!! I now lovingly refer to it as my economy 911 now and have named her "Hisser"! I went on a 600 mile road trip the day i picked her up and with 4 male adults, and all of our luggage, i was astonished at the roominess of a "small car" and the average 32 MPG at 4000ft altitude. All around great value, and dodges the "economy car" title with style and fun factor!

2011 Honda Fit Sport AT

ashleyk, 02/18/2011

I've had my Fit Sport going on three weeks now and I Love it!! I test drove the Fiesta and found it way way too small then test drove the fit and it was completely different feeling. The inside of the Fit feels positively huge, its amazing how much room there is! I've had nothing but fun driving the car, I used to be a speedster but now I care more about gas mileage (with the current mpg scale its fun to drive to max mpg). This is not to say the car doesn't have pick up I just pay more attention to the mpg, and it makes me a safer driver! The only small gripe I've found is that the seats aren't always 100% comfortable, I have back trouble and I wish the lumbar was adjustable but its no

Things I wish I had Known ..

thankfulgal2, 09/24/2013

I've been a Honda owner since 1985. I've had 5 Hondas in that time. I bought the Fit based on past experience with Hondas. But there are things I wish I'd known. Like how the blower motor for the heater/AC is too high an ampage and blows resistors (and isn't covered under any warranty), and how the fog lights on the sport model can be easily cracked by road debris and allow water in (requiring a replacement at $361 each to pass inspection), and the tires are an odd size that they cost a fortune to buy (that's if you can find them). There are some obvious design flaws that need to be addressed.

Simply the best small car!

3rdhonda, 05/26/2011

After previously owning a new Civic for 9 years and then selling it to get a 2011 Fit, I have to say this car is wonderful, just fantastic in every way. I could not be happier with a car. It is functional, reliable, fun to drive, and best of all has exceedingly great mileage. I don't know what planet the epa was testing the fit on but here on earth, my car gets 44 highway (at 65 mph) and averages around 39 combined/city/highway even with the a/c on. This is after about 7500 miles. Initially the first few thousand miles the mileage is not as good but still much better than the epa quotes. I love this car, just love it!!!!!

Great Car but somethings are missing

mrwilliematt, 06/06/2011

I bought this car as a commuter but find that I drive it most of the time now. My other car is a 2008 Tundra. This car gets better MPG than they promissed I have gotten above 40 mpg on a tank of gas with 90% highway driving. I like the cars gokart like handling and the acceleration decent if you really wind it up. Other reviewer have mentioned the noise and it is certainly true that there is plenty but it doesn't bother me to much coming from a full size truck. the car can also be a bit rough on bumps when encountering potholes but I think that is the rpice of the excellent hadling. I am 6'3" and 300 lbs but have no trouble with interior room.

Wind Noise

cstrummer, 07/25/2014

Have 38,000+ on my Honda Fit. Base Model. The stereo sucks. Upgrade to get tweeters, a better system. Lot of wind noise. Gets a bit much at times. Driving is fun for manual transmission. Good gas mileage. Lot of space in the car to haul your junk

2011 Honda Fit Review

Chris, 01/24/2016
4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car rides very sporty and handles very well on the road. Good acceleration and braking. Very efficient fuel wise. Can put much larger things in the hatchback cargo area when back seats are pushed forward. Much larger cargo area than regular sedans. A fun car to drive.

the Fit is still It

Dan Patterson, 03/28/2018
4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Third review, 100k miles, owned since new. Automatic. Nothing wrong with the car, no unusual maintenance needed. Reliable as a hammer. Quiet, efficient, versatile, comfortable, unobtrusive, easy to drive, easy to park. I average 36 mpg, which seems to be better than most Fit owners. I must have a light foot. Oddly enough, I still get where I'm going. What would make it better? A sunroof.

I LOVE This Car!

mrswilliams1, 06/08/2011

I traded in my 2005 Volvo S60R on this car and I was prepared to be a little underwhelmed. I can honestly say that I haven't had a moment of buyer's remorse. This car is very fun to drive and I use it mostly for commuting so I am loving the gas mileage as compared to my old car. I'm sure that the manual would be even more fun but I've grown tired of the constant shifting in stop and go traffic. I was planning to sell this car to my daughter in a few years but I'm rethinking that idea because I love the car so much!

What a great car!

grapeguy, 04/07/2011

Traded in an '06 Civic EX auto w/navi for the Fit. Could not be happier! The Civic was a very good car - took me 150,000 miles with no problems at all. Never even had to change a light bulb. Just regular service. I expect the Fit to be just as reliable. Whereas the Civic was nice to drive - the Fit is a real hoot! Reminds me of the fun I had with my early '80s GTI. I've only put 500 miles on it so far but I can tell this car is screwed together very well. Not the fastest car out there but it has plenty of spunk and the overall driving experience is fantastic. The interior is huge for a car this size and the seats are quite supportive and comfortable. Best car purchase I've made.

air conditioning problems?

jerdude73, 06/21/2011

is it me or is mine the only one that the air conditioner compressor goes on and off while the a/c is on. you notice a huge difference in the temperature. the dealer said that this is normal after checking out my car. they tried getting the moisture out of the unit but it still does this. is this normal? and gas mileage is actually running about 28mpg combined. not as good as i expected

2011 Honda Fit - excellent for the appropriate mission

bobg57, 08/10/2011

Love it. Great long distance commuter. Rear seats fold upwards or store in the floor creating enormous amount of space. Air conditioner OK, certainly up to 95 degrees outside temp. I passed through Needles when it was 109, comfortable enough. No electrical problems. Coming up on 10,000 miles with 30% oil life left. Trust the engineers, not your SuperLube down the street. Gas mileage is fantastic, without air conditioning I drove 457 miles on one tank at 42.9 MPG at 65MPH on mountainous roads. More usual fuel average is 35. Don't buy this vehicle as a street racer, why people get this thing with a paddle shifter is beyond me and a total waste of money. Note: I drive by myself 95% of the time.

Best car ever

Tb2008, 12/18/2016
Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Cheap, quick and kinda fun to drive in corners, starts everytime and the only maintenance performed was regular oil changes. The car is really spacious considering its size, its not the fastest or the coolest but the best car i have ever owned.

Love my Fit

Denise, 03/30/2018
Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

It's a great little car. Economical and fun to drive. Years later, still own my Fit. Still running like a top. Has a few tiny dings to give it personality. Was thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2019 Fit but this one still is chugging along.

Greatest little car I ever owned!

Ed Burgess, 07/21/2018
4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

My Fit doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but it has never let me down! I can carry cement and 8ft long lumber INSIDE the car, with the hatch closed! It's easy on my wallet, too. Great on gas, no unexpected repairs, etc. The ride is a little firm, but the value of this little bugger more than makes up for it. This is just the base model. Who needs a spoiler and polished wheels? It gets me there and brings me back. I've owned it for 7 years, and just noticed the first spot of rust. On the wiper arm. One spot. In 7 years. If I could change one thing, it'd be to make the passenger seat lay down flat (or removable) during those rare times I need to haul long items.

What a horrible mistake.

orangesmoke, 07/07/2011

I was taken in by the reviews. I test drove it and fell in love. I thought it was the best car out there for me. Then I bought it. The a/c doesn't work, blows hot air. Honda assures me this is normal. After a 6 hour drive I'm sweating and my a/c is putting out 70 degree air. The headlights flicker at night. Honda says this is because the a/c is on and I should shut it off. Sure enough, if I turn the a/c off the lights stop flickering and the temperature of the car goes up to 80. I have a manual. I try to put it in reverse and have to double clutch it. Honda says that all manual transmissions do this. I replaced a 1990 Toyota Camry with this Fit that says otherwise.

Hond Fit may not fit you

jul7, 07/11/2011

After a thorough and time-consuming study, bought the well-mouthed Honda fit. Both the Edmunds and consumer-guide recommend subcompact. months of driving, comes comments. 1: it's city car, not for highways. you can't over pass anyone, the maximum speed I can reach on Rt 90 is 92mph. 2: slow acceleration ( Mine is auto), the 5sp is likely better, so be prepared, it's not CRX or hatch, buy a 5sp unless you have to drive an auto. drive like a Geo Metro in my case. 3: paddle shifter is useless in most cases, the 1st and 2nd gears engagement quickly, that's also make you feel very sluggish. unless you shift into 2nd gear directly. 4 under hood center console ridge touch your knee. beware

Honda does not Fit

dillpickle1, 09/07/2011

I followed Edmunds and Consumer Reports great ratings and bought a Honda Fit. BIG MISTAKE!! Worst Honda ever and would not buy again. 4 safety recalls and counting. Very harsh ride and "go-car" handling on interstate....very scary. Poor fit and finish compared to older Honda's. Tires are terrible and should be recalled. Should be Michelins. Bald tires at 25,000 miles but rotated every 7,000!! Body metal is suspect and very thin. Fascia trim falling off car. Transmission shifting poorly timed and paddle shifters are a JOKE. What more can I say....

Not one does econobox better

204meca, 07/23/2012

I'm bias, this is the 8th Honda I have owned. While not as fun as the Del Sol or as economical as the late 80s models, it does everything well. It hauls almost as much as our 2010 Outback, using 1/3rd less gas. Consistently gets 37-38 mpg in mixed driving, tops 40 with consistent driving under 70 mph. The Fit is just plain easy & fun to drive. I opted for the Base to for the better gas mileage & ride. Outfitted with better tires & aftermarket rear sway it never lost its composure driven as when driven as hard as possible in performance driving school. My only complaints are road noise & the fact that my thighs get a little sore after 90 minutes behind the wheel - not good for distances

Tires burst easily on tiny tires

bbillyo, 04/12/2012

2 blowouts in a few months. $170 a pop. Get a better car.

the Fit is It

dan_patterson, 10/23/2011

I bought a 2011 Fit, base automatic, for commuter duty. I wanted Honda quality in a practical, non-flashy, and inexpensive package, and the Fit is exactly that. I could wish for more comfortable seats, a couple more inches of footroom, and a center console, but the list of standard features is quite long already. I like the fact that it's tall enough that I don't bang my head on the door frame when getting in and out. It can hold a lot of stuff and is still small enough to be easy to park. Certainly it doesn't have a lot of power and it doesn't have unusually good handling- but it is unsurpassed at collecting groceries. 9k miles so far and no problems.

Beware of the head restraint system!

barbak, 04/13/2015
4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Honda Fit in every way except the comfort of the driver's seat. I've actually driven without the headrest in; that's how much it hurts my neck. Although I had intended to drive this car until it wore out, I am going to be selling it in the next couple of months and buying something less painful. BTW, I am 5'7.

Awsome car for 16 years old

Christian, 05/11/2018
Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

The fact that Danny Duncan loves the car makes it that much better. I'm 16 and got the car used with 120k miles she still drives amazing. Brakes really good and handles amazing on the back roads. Even with 5 people in the car and driving with a heavy foot the car still gets like 27mpg. Without everyone in the car and driving conservatively it can get up to 40mpg. It has a timing chain and not a belt which is awsome and saves some money. Amazing a.c. and heat work so fast. The paddle shifters are fun to use. Throw some nice rims and tires and some tinted windows and she's a hot car. It's a Honda so you'll have it forever.

Fit to Impress

arbolero, 01/21/2012

I have only used half a tank, but I am eager to share my first impression of the car. I'll start with the bad. Sport, implying some relativity to a sports car, is not an accurate description. Yes, it's nimble, eagerly reving, and fun to drive, but it lacks proper acceleration, maneuverability, or pedigree to be a member of this class. The Fit's enormously practical design would make it the odd-car-out if it shared some tile in the showroom of sport thoroughbreds. But I didn't need another car with senseless horsepower and "member" compensating qualities. This time, I was in the market for sensible. Plus, Honda was wise enough to forego a Sport badge on the rear gate, so, we can let it be

Lifelong Honda fan

aerozeppelinn, 04/16/2011

I bought a 2004 civic vp, regrettably traded that in for a family sized wagon, and now just got a 2011 fit for myself. I've only had it about 800 miles, but absolutely love it.

Reliability issues

autonix, 07/23/2013

Less than 3 years old and have already had to have valves adjusted and the heater blower motor replaced! Definitely reliability issues.

51050