Used 2011 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Fit for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

I LOVE This Car!

mrswilliams1, 06/08/2011

I traded in my 2005 Volvo S60R on this car and I was prepared to be a little underwhelmed. I can honestly say that I haven't had a moment of buyer's remorse. This car is very fun to drive and I use it mostly for commuting so I am loving the gas mileage as compared to my old car. I'm sure that the manual would be even more fun but I've grown tired of the constant shifting in stop and go traffic. I was planning to sell this car to my daughter in a few years but I'm rethinking that idea because I love the car so much!

What a great car!

grapeguy, 04/07/2011

Traded in an '06 Civic EX auto w/navi for the Fit. Could not be happier! The Civic was a very good car - took me 150,000 miles with no problems at all. Never even had to change a light bulb. Just regular service. I expect the Fit to be just as reliable. Whereas the Civic was nice to drive - the Fit is a real hoot! Reminds me of the fun I had with my early '80s GTI. I've only put 500 miles on it so far but I can tell this car is screwed together very well. Not the fastest car out there but it has plenty of spunk and the overall driving experience is fantastic. The interior is huge for a car this size and the seats are quite supportive and comfortable. Best car purchase I've made.

air conditioning problems?

jerdude73, 06/21/2011

is it me or is mine the only one that the air conditioner compressor goes on and off while the a/c is on. you notice a huge difference in the temperature. the dealer said that this is normal after checking out my car. they tried getting the moisture out of the unit but it still does this. is this normal? and gas mileage is actually running about 28mpg combined. not as good as i expected

2011 Honda Fit - excellent for the appropriate mission

bobg57, 08/10/2011

Love it. Great long distance commuter. Rear seats fold upwards or store in the floor creating enormous amount of space. Air conditioner OK, certainly up to 95 degrees outside temp. I passed through Needles when it was 109, comfortable enough. No electrical problems. Coming up on 10,000 miles with 30% oil life left. Trust the engineers, not your SuperLube down the street. Gas mileage is fantastic, without air conditioning I drove 457 miles on one tank at 42.9 MPG at 65MPH on mountainous roads. More usual fuel average is 35. Don't buy this vehicle as a street racer, why people get this thing with a paddle shifter is beyond me and a total waste of money. Note: I drive by myself 95% of the time.

Best car ever

Tb2008, 12/18/2016
Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Cheap, quick and kinda fun to drive in corners, starts everytime and the only maintenance performed was regular oil changes. The car is really spacious considering its size, its not the fastest or the coolest but the best car i have ever owned.

Love my Fit

Denise, 03/30/2018
Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

It's a great little car. Economical and fun to drive. Years later, still own my Fit. Still running like a top. Has a few tiny dings to give it personality. Was thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2019 Fit but this one still is chugging along.

Greatest little car I ever owned!

Ed Burgess, 07/21/2018
4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

My Fit doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but it has never let me down! I can carry cement and 8ft long lumber INSIDE the car, with the hatch closed! It's easy on my wallet, too. Great on gas, no unexpected repairs, etc. The ride is a little firm, but the value of this little bugger more than makes up for it. This is just the base model. Who needs a spoiler and polished wheels? It gets me there and brings me back. I've owned it for 7 years, and just noticed the first spot of rust. On the wiper arm. One spot. In 7 years. If I could change one thing, it'd be to make the passenger seat lay down flat (or removable) during those rare times I need to haul long items.

What a horrible mistake.

orangesmoke, 07/07/2011

I was taken in by the reviews. I test drove it and fell in love. I thought it was the best car out there for me. Then I bought it. The a/c doesn't work, blows hot air. Honda assures me this is normal. After a 6 hour drive I'm sweating and my a/c is putting out 70 degree air. The headlights flicker at night. Honda says this is because the a/c is on and I should shut it off. Sure enough, if I turn the a/c off the lights stop flickering and the temperature of the car goes up to 80. I have a manual. I try to put it in reverse and have to double clutch it. Honda says that all manual transmissions do this. I replaced a 1990 Toyota Camry with this Fit that says otherwise.

Hond Fit may not fit you

jul7, 07/11/2011

After a thorough and time-consuming study, bought the well-mouthed Honda fit. Both the Edmunds and consumer-guide recommend subcompact. months of driving, comes comments. 1: it's city car, not for highways. you can't over pass anyone, the maximum speed I can reach on Rt 90 is 92mph. 2: slow acceleration ( Mine is auto), the 5sp is likely better, so be prepared, it's not CRX or hatch, buy a 5sp unless you have to drive an auto. drive like a Geo Metro in my case. 3: paddle shifter is useless in most cases, the 1st and 2nd gears engagement quickly, that's also make you feel very sluggish. unless you shift into 2nd gear directly. 4 under hood center console ridge touch your knee. beware

Honda does not Fit

dillpickle1, 09/07/2011

I followed Edmunds and Consumer Reports great ratings and bought a Honda Fit. BIG MISTAKE!! Worst Honda ever and would not buy again. 4 safety recalls and counting. Very harsh ride and "go-car" handling on interstate....very scary. Poor fit and finish compared to older Honda's. Tires are terrible and should be recalled. Should be Michelins. Bald tires at 25,000 miles but rotated every 7,000!! Body metal is suspect and very thin. Fascia trim falling off car. Transmission shifting poorly timed and paddle shifters are a JOKE. What more can I say....

51050