Used 2008 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 302 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Small on the outside, big on the inside
By newzie

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the CR-V after looking at the BMW X3 (CPO), Subaru Outback 3.0R, Hyundai Santa Fe, and Saturn Vue. I was impressed with the build quality and simple straight forward controls. It isn't the most powerful vehicle but it handles well, and most of the features I wanted at the best price. I was also surprised that my insurance went down, even though this is a new vehicle. This is my first Honda product.

The nav is easy to use. I love the adjustable rear seating. Everyone comments on how much room they have in the back seat. I love the two tier cargo area. It handles very well as well.

Where's the bluetooth? RDS for the radio, auto headlights, and rain sensing wipers would be a nice touch. Since the console is not movable in the EX-L it should extend to the dashboard. Cargo box under rear floor like Santa Fe. Finally offer some HID headlights and larger wheels as in the UK.

CRV Excellent
By CRV Surprise

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Best bang for the buck. A lot of features and a surprising comforting ride. Great on long road trips. Excellent cargo space for smaller families. Great gas mileage around town. Love the viewing angles for the driver, very open. Just the right amount of everything to make this car a great purchase without feeling guilty.

Love the Vehicle assist, safety features, XM, navigation fun to use and of course the ride and fuel savings

For the money I can not see what else they can add except bluetooth.

Great Car!
By Penny

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the car! I wanted a small but roomy SUV. After researching and comparing all the midsize SUVs for 4 months,I choose the Honda CRV. There are a lot of standard features that I wanted and would have been optional on the other brands. I feel I made the best decision!

Gas mileage, heated seats, great stereo, the lit up dash board and very roomy!

Windshield wipers should have one more setting for going faster when it's pouring. Also it should have a light that displays low windshield washer fluid.

CRV - Smaller SUV but Excellent
By Mary

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda CRV is an excellent, smaller SUV. We are a family of four and it suits our needs perfectly. Comfortable seats (my husband is 6' 3" and the seat adjusts higher or lower), great turning radius, good gas mileage and lots storage in the rear. More importantly very low maintenance! Just keep getting the oil changed and it'll run forever.

There's a flip up tray btwn. the front seats with two drink holders and two, smaller shallow trays. I use this ALL the time! And, a pull out drink holder under the radio and flip down drink holders in back passenger. Plus, there is a recessed dash on the passenger's side for storage.

If the newer models have the brake handle below the radio, it needs to be relocated.

Love the CR-V
By Matt

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After owning this car for three weeks, my wife and I are still looking for excuses to drive somewhere. I have no idea what the other review with the 'stiff steering wheel' is about. This car has some of the lightest steering I've ever driven. I test drove 4 competing brands and the only other I even considered was the Toyota RAV4 because the 4 cylinder had a little more power. The interior is laid out well, seats are comfy. The ride is a little stiff over expansion joints, but the trade off is excellent handling in corners. Averaging 23.5 mpg in city driving, 30-33 on the highway. I will say the sound system could be better. It just doesn't seem like I can get it adjusted right.

Excellent fit and finish. Well laid-out interior. Comfortable seats. Smooth 5-speed auto trans. Quiet cabin.

Better radio- we have the EX with 6 speakers and it still lacks bass. Visibility in the rear is compromised due to the rounded-off styling.