Used 2001 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

Used CR-V for Sale
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

Seems to work well for me :D

nscribner13, 06/29/2011

So I only had my CR-V for close to 3 months and I love it. It has been in my family for quite a few years and passed between people and they all love it. I love it a lot. It runs very well. I only had some slight issues with it but it is basic wear and tear issues. It is very reliable. I don't mind the acceleration sometimes. It could be a bit better but I like that you can cancel out the 4th gear and gain more power to the engine with the overdrive switch. It is a very good highway ride, probably the best out of the all the cars I have driven in my life. I love that it is very spacey and how easy it is to use. It's a great first car :D

Excellent SUV

will199104, 01/14/2012

The Honda CR-V is an excellent compact SUV. I have found that the CR-V is a simply compact SUV that serves my basic needed. There are many things that I like about the CR-V. The CR-V has excellent maneuverability, makes it very fun and easy to drive. In my opinion it has outstanding build quality, after eleven years I am amazed at how well it has held up. I like the design of the CR-V, the outside design looks great and the inside is design is very well thought out. All the controls are well placed making it very functional.

Don't get the 1999-2001 version.

Pat, 06/02/2018
SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

They put a different engine in it those years, No where they tell you the valves needed adjusted every 30,000 miles. Mine blew at 60,000 and I had to replace the engine. I had Hondas for years. Just bought a new SUV and it is NOT a Honda. They knew there was a problem with that engine and would do nothing. People had the engine blow at 30,000 miles. If you're going to make a throw away engine you should make them free.

Best Car I Ever Had

Dennis Miller, 04/26/2017
LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 CR-V with only 63,000 miles that I'm about to trade in against a new car for my wife. This car has cost me nothing in repairs other than the usual things like the battery, belts or tires. It's economical, specially on the highway and just in general, the CR-V is the most perfect example of Keep It Simple I've ever seen.

I love my C-rv

linzee09, 08/10/2011

I love this car it's cute and small it's all I need. Gets great gas mileage. I brough mine with 143,000 and it has 154,000 on it no problems. These cars will run forever IF you maintence them. If your buying one make sure they have had a vavle adjustment or run away from it. The vavles need adjusted every 30k dont go buy the book!!!!! This car is very nosiy and bumpy but guess what it's a honda not a lexus. Its also very underpowered but it doesnt borther me to much im not racing it so it doesn't matter. It's a great car I love it.

12345...19