Used 2000 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Buy this car!
By Brian & Judy

2000 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

Bought this car new in 2000. I had owned Honda cars in the past and trusted them to be reliable. As of today (5 May 08), my trusty CR-V has nearly 150,000 mile on it and still runs perfectly. All I have done is change all the fluids regularly and drive it gently. I changed the timing belt at 100K, but other than that, it has never been in the shop for anything. Still has the original brakes. Paint is still in good shape, too. I like the fabric seats. Tons of space in the rear. Easy to clean. I'd buy another in a heartbeat, but I don't think this one will ever wear out.

Good sound system. rear seats very easy to fold down and that leaves LOTS of cargo space. Lots of ground clearance (easy to change my own oil).

Engine needs a few (actually, lots more) more pony's (I think that has been addressed since 2000, though). The body seems to be made of tin foil, so try to avoid hail storms. Move the oil filter to the front of the engine.

My Crv
By Gabe v

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV

We bought a CR-V the frist of January in 2000. We have had it ever since the car is just amazing. It's fuel efficient, looks great, has lots of low end torque, the smoothers ride and just the reassurance of Honda quality. We just bought the lx model nothing special, front wheel drive not the real time. But I have gone over hills and rocks and steep slopes and everything in this car and not once has it ever failed.

the safety of front wheel drive and oh my god the 3rd gear in this can takes you up to 100! love it

I put 06 Civic rims and switched over from 205's to 215's. The new tires and rims make it higher and set the tires out wider. And man o man it looks good. Also a k&n n air filter helped with some of the horsepower. A wise investment.

First Review
By JstBghtIt

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV

I just bought this from a dealer for gas savings and family purpose. I have not a chance to do anything to it yet but only to drive it. So far, it's been an excellent ride. I'll be replacing all the fluids out of it and if needed give it a tune up. I'll be back for second review maybe after six months or so.

Ride, handling, fuel economy and ground clearance versus a car.

Torque and better roof rack.

Love It
By Happy Honda Driver

2000 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD

No worries. Replaced tires and brakes, oil and windshield washer fluid ... and of course gasoline. That's it. Like Timex, it just keeps on ticking. My husband wants me to get a new car, but I love my CR-V and don't want to change!

Door handles, rear cargo hight, good passenger room, great maneuverability, tow ready.

Make the driver/passenger seats a little wider and place the power window controls on the door panels.

My Review
By nicomp

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV

Runs well, always starts, easy to work on, driver's side window motor failed after a few years, otherwise no problems except the A/C compressor self-destructed this summer (2007) and contaminated the entire HVAC system. Dealer wants $3200 to replace everything. I disconnected the drive belt instead. We are seeing much better fuel mileage since then.

2-part rear hatch, no driveline hump in the passenger compartment, easy to work on, shift lever is on the console, rear seats fold flat.

A/C compressor that does not self-destruct. A/C compressor that does not contaminate the entire HVAC system when it self-destructs. Steel wheels are ugly.