Used 2016 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 253 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Poor infotainment and cheap paint
By Jose

2016 Honda Civic Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The infotainment touchscreen goes awry sometimes and you can't use the heat/ AC controls, backup camera, side camera, Nav, music, etc. The sound from the radio doesn't come on very often but I've managed to figured it out by opening the Nav and imputing a destination and then the sound of music comes on, unless it's one of those times that it is completely messed up that not even shutting the car off will make the infotainment turn off , so I just have to hope it doesnt eat my battery power away. Also I have the pearl white color with rust spots and specks all over. I unplugged the factory subwoofer beacuse it makes a rattle. The only thing the dealer was able to fix was my automatic windshield wipers. At least I get good highway mileage.

Shift yourself
By Rick

2016 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Once you are in this car you will find comfort and at the same time it gives you a feeling of sitting in a sporty car. I am 6’4”, with a bad back and while the car is lower than the SUV I had before it’s door opening is big so there is no head banging getting in and out. The transmission is a very smooth easy to use device that just makes you feel connected to the car. The hold feature which I do not need takes all the worry of roll back while starting on a hill. The reason I bought this car was not just because of Honda resale and dependability but because it makes driving fun. I have taken three long trips and on each I had tanks of 43.6 mpg. Never on a long trip have I gotten below 39mpg. Around town I am getting 32-36 mpg never below 32 mpg. Also this engine comes alive after 3500rpm. It is not fast but from the drivers seat it feels quick. I bought this car in July 2017 and have had for a year. Stupid detail will not let me post year.

I was fonda of my honda
By joe greene

2016 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

There are shortcomings so be sure to try it before you buy it

Great looking car feels outdated or cheap material
By Waldo

2016 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great looking car from a distance but the closer you get the cheaper it look. The headlights look great once you look at the led strip doesn't cover the light there are dead pixels. Awfuel interior storage with very bad placed cup holders. Lack technology and comfort.

Own for 2 1/2 years - I'm happy with it :)
By Franzton

2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/Honda Sensing 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

stock all season tires aren't very good / a set of winter & summer high performance tires are a big improvement - it's an agile car so you feel the difference