Used 2016 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 251 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I was fonda of my honda
By joe greene

2016 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

There are shortcomings so be sure to try it before you buy it

Great looking car feels outdated or cheap material
By Waldo

2016 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great looking car from a distance but the closer you get the cheaper it look. The headlights look great once you look at the led strip doesn't cover the light there are dead pixels. Awfuel interior storage with very bad placed cup holders. Lack technology and comfort.

Own for 2 1/2 years - I'm happy with it :)
By Franzton

2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/Honda Sensing 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

stock all season tires aren't very good / a set of winter & summer high performance tires are a big improvement - it's an agile car so you feel the difference

DO NOT BUY! I am a 20 year Honda owner
By JMS

2016 Honda Civic Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

A couple of things came from my experience with this POS. One, I will NEVER buy a new Honda again. Second, it forced me to go out and see what other quality vehicles are being made and boy, everyone else does it better now. Honda is riding on reputation only and it a flimsy one at best. Do your research and you will see how far Honda has fallen. This car should be pulled from their lineup and redone. The only redeeming part of the car is it looks good and has good acceleration - other than that it is the BIGGEST POS I have ever bought. I had to sue Honda in order to get my money back - 18 trips to the dealer in 18 months for 2 issues - one minor and one major. The minor issue was a design flaw with the rear Subwoofer - bounced the rear window and deck and never sounded good - after MULTIPLE TIMES to the dealer, Honda said, flat out, we will not fix this anymore, even though it's under warranty and still not performing properly (Huh?). The second one and this a major issue - the "info-tainmaint" center NEVER worked correctly - Honda's answer "when it doesn't work right, turn the car off and turn it back on". Because that's a reasonable thing to do when you're driving 65mph down the highway. Long story short - go elsewhere. I replaced this POS with a beautifully performing Subaru (was SHOCKED at how nice it was) and as soon as I can, I will be getting rid of my 2016 POS CRV (junk and OVERPRICED).

Bumper is melting
By DeniseZ

2016 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My front, rear bumpers and rear view mirrors are melting from the sun. Honda told me not to park next to windows and will not pay for the damage. The Corporate office said they will not help.