Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Very Pleased!!!!!
By DBingham

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive. It's one of the most comfortable cars I've ever owned. I really like the dash layout. It's much easier to read than previous models. If your looking for a fuel- efficient, good looking car, this is the one for you.

Styling, Price, driving comfort

none

What Will Honda Think of Next?
By Robert G

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've been researching this car and its reviews for quite some time (since early January). Boy was the wait well- worth it! This car is the best, by far, in the compact car class. I thoroughly enjoy driving it. In fact, I am on my way to grocer to pick it some milk. And when I come back, I am sure I'll need to run out for something else... you see, you have to drive this car to relate to what I'm saying.

I LOVE the audio system, the smaller than standard steering wheel (looks like something from an amusement park ride!), the precise handling... hell, I like everything about it!

You have to be fool to even suggest a mere improvement!

Civil Civic
By tap

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a fuel efficient vehicle after my 99 Passat Wagon was stolen. I test drove the full line of Hyundais, Toyota Corolla and Matrix, Mazda 3 sedan and wagon, VW passat Wagon. Based on performance, fuel economy, styling and handling I chose the 2 door Honda Civic. It does not handle and is not as quick as my 99 1.8T Passat but it does get 10 more mpgs. I prefer a manual in a small engine vehicle as I find it to be quicker and more responsive. This was true of all the vehicles I test drove except the Hyundai Azera and V6 Sonata which are a different class of vehicle. Two negatives are the beeping that goes off once the seat belt is released and the clock is not visible with sun glasses.

The Civic handles well reminds me of my 61 Porsche. The cockpit is cozy. My wife said it's like a spaceship. The 5 speed is quick and easy going from one gear to another. Cruise control is simple as well as all the other features-AC, radio, cd, wipers , lights etc.

The clock and radio display needs to be visible when wearing sun glasses. Here in Phoenix, Az. sun glasses are a must during the day. No other suggestions

Honda Slips
By limee

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Honda and have noticed with each one the build quality has deteriorated and problems have increased. This one immediately had creaking and groaning noises from the rear passengers side and has been in the shop twice and am awaiting a faulty shock. The build quality is severely lacking from my first 'tight' Honda with ill fitting plastics and overspray inside the doors and boot and just generally lacking.

Design and look of the vehicle. Tight steering and silky smooth box. It's quiet at speed. Great fuel economy which was a major selling point. I really like the dash design and blue hue lighting. Looks good in Royal blue pearl

Better quality fit and finish. Sound system is weak with little depth. Useless and unreadable radio display during daylight hours. 6 speed manual would be even better. A litle more head room. Lumbar support, auto dimming rearview mirror as standard.

what I think
By tom c

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've been reading a lot of reviews things I notice is the car does rattle, that is because if you have anything in the glovebox or in the trunk it will rattle inside with the cheap plastic. Car looks nice, but overpriced for compact car. Price in the entry midsize range. This car is begging to be a sports car, but it's economy roots with is tiny 1.8 is evident, thus good gas mileage. So if you want so so power with good mileage civic is for you, if you prefer a faster car get something else and give up a few mpgs.

Good gas mileage not great. Seat comfort is good for small car peppy at higher rpms

New car should not squeak and rattle, put real antenna on car, am fm radio is muffled.