Used 2002 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 337 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My Civil Little Civic
By Mos Steph

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Civic from a local Honda dealer in 2005, had 36,000 miles on it. I change the oil every 3000 miles. Only had to replace the battery, front brake pads, tires. Only out of the ordinary repairs were the airbag sensor (Honda replaced for free not even under warranty!), a tie rod (wear & tear), and some electrical connection that had to do with one of my headlights. It's not the most flashy, fast car but it's zippy, economical, and just right for me. If I had kids or pets to haul around I'd probably go for the sedan or an Accord but for now I love the coupe. I'm a Honda person for life now after having an Oldsmobile & Chevy. If I had to do it again, I'd get a 5 speed if available.

gas mileage, sunroof, ABS, low- maintenance, reliable.

rims instead of wheel covers (they did change that with the 2003 EX), seat comfort, 5 speed automatic.

Great car!
By LBlal001

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car brand new in 02 and have had is since. Just got over 100,000 miles and it still drives great! And, of course, it starts right up every time without a doubt in my mind! Only minor issues with it, driver seat belt doesn't want to latch first time every time (just started this last Winter when it was really cold out), but would usually click in after two or three tries. SRS light just came on recently, haven't gotten it checked yet, but probably has to do with that. Needs new belts, but never anything serious wrong with it! Great car! Looking to upgrade to a Pilot or Odyssey now! Got over 38 mpg driving across country and usually about 29-30 around town (w/o hills)!

Design, it's a cute car! Reliability is the best! I never have to worry about my car not starting and getting me where I need to go!

Hot Honda
By grenadian

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Good drive around car. Not too sporty so not fun to drive. Great mpg. 2000 Civic is better. Can hold a good sound system.

big trunk. good mpg.

less confusing wiring, better engine, targa top

Great Car!
By jmharrell

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Has 129,000 miles so far, original clutch, all original parts besides regular maintenance items like timing belt, water pump and brakes. Runs great, handles great, manual gives it some pretty decent acceleration. Get 33 city/40-50 mpg highway depending on speed and type of highway.

Great bang for the buck
By Thad

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

After sifting through several thousand ads/scams for used Civics, I lucked into a cream puff EX w/ 31,000 original miles, w/out a nick, dent, or scratch. (rally red -- GREAT color!) It's the best looking, best performing used car I've ever bought, and now that the weather is getting nicer, I'm loving my sunroof. I put a remote starter (mandatory in Michigan winters),and a new set of tires on her, and she runs flawlessly,without a single rattle. No, it's not a 328i, so handling and performance are held to a different standard. Also, I was surprised to find city mileage at only around 28mpg with the automatic. But I still love this little car, and better still, I love having NO PAYMENTS!

Body styling, sunroof, with new Toyo tires it handles phenomenally well in the snow, very comfortable driver's seat, great sound system (though I'm sure I'll be upgrading), and a HUGE trunk that extends into the car by folding down the rear seatbacks, allowing impressive storage capacity.

There must be a way to get better gas mileage out of the automatic trans...I really expected to get around 32 mpg in the city if I drove gently.