Used 1991 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

OHNDA91
By Oona larson Zapata

1991 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

I love my Honda I have a 1991 Honda Civic hatchback. She's an old lady and you have to treat her as such, kindness, care and respect. She's a great around the town kind of car. She's never blauked or spit or backfire ever. About the freeways. She prefers to drive around town old ladies dont like freewaysbut she'll do it. She'll even do the ones to Tahoe though it's pretty slow she's only a 4-speed. After 28 years my car is pretty sound or should I say soundless when it's driving. All the electricals been done air conditioning up to specs and all the hoses have been replaced but when it comes to the engine and the clutch after 300,000 miles it still runs like new and I haven't done anything to them except oil changes in maintenance. Respiratory was bad. failed twice emissions were pretty bad,but after the third time she passed. she just needed a good engine clean up. It's not her fault but whoever built her, they didn't care much of the relay system part of the car, I mean all of them, ive rebuilt myself and I'm a girl. Save money I had my brother-in-law solder relay wires. Since then my car starts whether it's hot or cold perfectly. Then I started having problems with the turn signals and the horn and I thought okay that's it the car is worthless. Heck no. Re-soldered all those wires to. Now all my blinkers and my horn and everything else that beeps and rings does it when it's supposed to not when it just wants to itself LOL. When I bought her she had a facelift Interiors beautiful. She looks brand-new inside and out for that matter. You think by now she would have driving problems steering problems heck no. She drives and turns on a dime. Like I mentioned she doesn't really like freeways at huge incliens but Mountain Roads around town she likes and handles them great. I live in Auburn California there is no straight roads. Here they're all up and down and she has no fear. She keeps up with them all. I had one of these when i was in my 30ties. Just bought my second one!

It's the Volkswagen Bug of the 2010s!
By Paul W. Routt

1991 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my '91 Honda Civic DX Hatchback brand new in October 1990. I still own it and have no plans to replace it b/c there's absolutely no reason to do so. The engine and transmission are the originals with over 372,000 miles on them. My car runs as well as it did the first time that I drove it off of the lot. The keys to its longevity are: (1) engineering design, (2) respect for my car, (3) luck, and (4) oil and oil filter changes every 2,000 miles. I get compliments on it all of the time.

Rest in peace, Ronda my Honda <3
By Yours Truly, Jenna.

1991 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

before you buy this car, be aware that one day, an old man can randomly SMASH into the side of your car, totaling it, and leaving you with nothing but a memory of what used to be.

91 Civic hatch back - base model
By jkmj9999

1991 Honda Civic 2dr Hatchback

bought it used in 2007 & It
still drives great after 17 Years !!!
love it
lowered it years ago , with a
set of 16 in. Alessio wheels .

no Fancy features - simple little car - Nice !

Improvements !??? already improved !

An ok car
By kenny117

1991 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I Have had a 91 civic dx (with a d16z6 engine) and It drove well. They are nice little eco cars but they get stolen alot because of it. mine was a canadian model and stolen twice before 2000 when it came to the US and then it was stolen another three times. But I also have had a 91 CRX hf and they both ran well and lasted 300k+ miles. The worst part about this car this whole car is... No cup holders, but other than that and being stolen alot it was a great cheap car that got 30-40 mpg (hb) and 40-50 mpg (CRX)

If you buy one install an alarm! its worth it.