Used 2016 GMC Yukon XL SUV Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 GMC Yukon XL SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:

A piece of junk
By Girlie

2016 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

Since 2016 up until today's date I have had my 2016 Yukon XL Denali 10 times...the liner was falling from the roofs few months after I bought it, sunroof had to be repaired no.the after I bought it, the whole computer brain went out months into the purchase, left tail light and now my right, the AC I. The passagers chairs AC is out,my AC period is out, the handle paint started chipping and it was replaced but chipping again plus my manifold melted and I get to get stuff done. All new 4 tires...just garbage.

Good on paper. Poor tech reliability
By Sup

2016 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

Looks great. Drives well but poor reliability. Parking and blind assist sensors went out within the first 3 months of purchase. Air conditioning broken after two years. Apple car play annoying. Definitely skip this one and consider the Expedition. Only reason we didn’t buy the Expedition is the new safety tech wasn’t available but with new model it has all the tech.

A Fancy Suburban
By W Mendel

2016 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

This is a very comfortable SUV. The Denali 6.2 engine is worth the extra cost. It is very responsive and has good gas mileage. I get 17 mpg around town (not too many stoplights) and I get 21+ mpg on highway running at 76 mph. The on board computer is optimistic about gas mileage, telling me I get about 1 mile per gallon more than I really get by my own measurements over several long trips. Nevertheless I get better gas mileage than most pickup trucks and many smaller SUVs. Cargo area is not as good as my old Suburban and the second row seats do not fold flat--a problem if you haul a lot. With the Denali 6.2 the car drives and handles very well--this is a fast SUV.

Electrical nightmare / general poor reliability
By Mike

2016 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

Over 15 visits to repair electronics. Random faults would appear and had to replace electrical harnesses in the first year. Replaced front wheel bearings after less than 1 year. Continual reprogramming of software. Electronic transmission was erratic and took 3 times to repair. For almost $80K very disappointed. Traded fo Infiniti QX 80

Very Disappointed in GMC YUKON
By Shelly Bowen

2016 GMC Yukon XL SUV SLT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

At 53,000 miles the luggage rack came loose and would hit the top on the Yukon and sound like someone hit it with a big boulder. It wasn’t covered under the warranty or Ext warranty. The dealer did talk to GMC and it cost us $100.00 instead of $1200.00 but instead of replacing with the Chrome Railing like it had they replaced it with solid black. Also, the control panel that is on the front window fell off and messed up the automatic lights as well as the cruise control. The seat belt would not retract after we picked it up at the dealer after they fixed the roof rails/luggage rack. So, back in the shop. Very disappointed after paying over $60,000.00 for a vehicle that continues to have problems! It’s was our first GMC and our LAST GMC!!! We have friends that has had some of the same issues with.