Used 2003 GMC Sonoma Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 GMC Sonoma Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonoma model:

Can’t Kill This Truck
By Richard G

2003 GMC Sonoma 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Boght the truck with over 207k, a failing trainimishon, rear end, and a massive antifreeze leak. For the pass few mouths it has got me to work and back and haven’t left me on the side of the road. Best part is when you have to repair something there is a huge after market and grate deals at salvage yards.

Not perfect but does the job
By Elwood Noble

2003 GMC Sonoma 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Though we paid a pretty penny for it and have had the normal repairs that come from an aging truck we have found that it has performed very well and aged very gracefully. I have read all negatives here and elsewhere but very few have talked about the core of this truck, its perseverance and continuation! Our Sonoma has served not only myself and my wife but our daughter who is in the military who took the truck not only from California to Washington D.C to North Carolina to Europe and then back to California and all in all it did and is doing a very great job! I am not saying that it is perfect, doors do not completely seal, certain electrical issues have arisen, gas mileage stink, tends to burn up brakes quicker than other vehicles we own but dealing with that stuff, which is very small in incident, the truck has held its own! Yet in my book, between a 1, lowest, to a 10, the greatest, I give it a solid 7 so know that this is a very good score for a truck that is now 15 years old and over a 100k miles! Go GMC! American made all the way (only one plant in Canada!)

NOT FOR SALE
By Col

2003 GMC Sonoma 2dr Regular Cab SL Rwd LB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Keeps on running, once in the shop for replacement of tailgate drop cables (recalled in 2013, no charge). Had 4 miles on it, when it was delivered to dealer. I test drove it first right off the truck. It was listed for $23.1k , w/ discounts $17.4k> on the window sticker, just another inflated mark up gimmick. @6am that morning the t v promo price was $9995, I called the dealer to make sure the offer was valid. Taxes, fees was extra. I also asked him to fill the tank so I could make a 2 hour trip home. I forgot to bring any extra cash. My wife insisted she will drive it home, I drove her car. When getting home she bashes it into the mail box entering our driveway. OH! &*^$ . I've never heard it misfire. Never needed a tune up, it will still bark the tires when I hit 3rd gear, (my 11 year old son grins when he sees his 67 year old dad burning rubber, priceless). Never waxed it, rain rinsed only, has scrapes, scratches, chipped paint, small dents, and bare metal exposed, but has no rust! The bed and body are both galvanized with heavy metal. I do change the oil and filter every 3 k miles & lube about every 10k miles. Often when inspecting under the hood I bez thinking this PU may outlast me. Never broke down, very dependable. and going on strong.

best truck ever
By russell simballa

2003 GMC Sonoma 2dr Regular Cab SL Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 gmc Sonoma new and from then to now it has never had a single problem except s fuel pump. It is very reliable.i have almost 200 thousand miles on it and it is still one of the most reliable vehicles in my family.

2003 SONOMA
By Justin

2003 GMC Sonoma 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is a good truck to start in but it gets about 16.5 mpg to 19.0 mpg rides good, put a lot of repairs in, I think it has too much power for its size and uses