Used 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Not good for towing

Mike, 03/12/2006
4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have you ever wondered why GM truck owners have to turn their hitches upside down. Even with Z-71, the suspension and trailering provisions are too soft and too low. Also the standard rear-end is going to be a 3.42. Great for milage, not so good for loading. Even with the 5.3 the engineers have turned up the computer trying to hide the small rear end. Posi-trac, not so good. One slick boat ramp and you will glad for 4WD. Even empty on the highway using cruise, the drivetrain cannot maintain enough power on hills to keep from down shifting and raising the RPMs. I pull three trailers ranging from 900 to 5100 pounds. All will wag this truck around easily. Brakes/rotors are on 3rd set.

Happy so far

Tom is Happy, 05/04/2006
4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck so far.. 7 months old no problems yet. Added an ARE cap over bed and love it, got the Suburban look minus the $15,000 difference in price. Fits the car seats easily and the adults even easier. Haven't done a long trip yet but Summer is aproaching and a looking forward to the drive. (Even if the gas costs $4.00 per gal.) Wish I could get better gas mileage but it's a full size truck not a Honda CRV, which is easy to remember when I load it to the hilt , shopping or constructing, get it all in. Only things added was remote starter and sliding rear window (vital) which were negotiated during sale.

Love my truck

Wingman, 08/05/2006
4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I switched from a Ford F150 to my GMC, and I love the GMC. I do wish the bed was longer.

My 5th and last GMC

yellowdog, 11/14/2004
4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Air conditioner took three dealer visits to repair. Drive train problems have been present in this truck since the first 700 miles. Lack of towing power and loud whining noise has been present when towing a small boat. And to top it all off, the service manager at the dealership refuses to give me a necessary third visit so I can file a Lemon Law complaint. I have had 5 full size GMC(all from the same dealer) and this one will be my last.

GMC Sierra Crew Cab

Brad, 02/09/2005
4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Responsive, strong, quiet, and comfortable ride. Excellent fit and finish. Pleasure to drive:-)

12345...7