Used 2019 Genesis G70 Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used G70 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

BMW move over

NewGman, 07/14/2019
3.3T Design 4dr Sedan AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have purchased German sedans in the past, BMW, Mercedes, and Audi. All have been performance versions. 435 M package, E500, S7. A recent test drive of the Genesis G70 left no doubt that this vehicle was superior to it's competitors. Most significant categories that are world class are, engine/transmission performance, features and amenities, and value. Genesis came in over $200 less per month on a lease than a BMW 435 fully equipped. Even if you fully equip a comparable Mercedes, BMW, or Audi you still don't get all the features found in the Genesis. The car is FUN to drive. Mileage on the highway is 29mpg at a steady 80MPH. Laying into the turbo around town drops mpg down to 18. Overall, impressive for a turbo 3.3 liter 6 cylinder. Performance mode is also entertaining, seat boosters tighten, dash turns red, shift points get more aggressive. Launch control is also included for some hooliganism. Diamond pattern stitching on seating is stylish. What might be a shortcoming to some people is tight back seat and a small trunk. Since rear seats fold down an I am driving mostly by myself this is not a concern for me. Genesis has made me overcome my addiction to German engineering. PS Forgot to mention concierge service and zero cost maintenance. Booyah!

Awesome Driving Experience

David H, 07/08/2019
2.0T Advanced 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I recently purchased the G70 2.0T Advanced after evaluating a broad range of vehicles (2017 350 IS, 2018 A4, 2018 BMW, Honda, Mazda 6). For my price point of mid/upper 30's, the data (reviews, spec comparisons (hp/torque, safety features, more back seat leg room than IS 350, BMW 430i)), JD Powers, etc), cockpit ergonomics, expected cost of ownership, perks (valet servicing, 5yr/60, Genesis app, Alexa), and the AMAZING driving experience, the G70 became the clear winner. I look forward to the expressway every morning!

Worth every dollar

PD, 05/24/2019
3.3T Dynamic 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

So I've driven my fair share of cars. I personally owned a Genesis coupe 2.0T, then a G37 , then a mini cooper S. before purchase this i drove 330i, Kia stinger, and MB C300, and honestly not one of them made feel the way i feel about this car. The handling, the 0-06, and my favorite thing, random people telling you how amazing it looks. while the kia stinger is similar to this, the Freebies you get from Genesis are unmatched. 3 years valet service, 3 years connect service(remote start from your phone) and best warranty in car industry.

58,000 Miles and Running Perfect

JohnJ, 05/04/2019
2.0T Advanced 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I fell in love with this car the moment I saw it November 2018. My past 2 cars were Volvo S60's, which I liked a lot, I was not enamored with the 2019 S60 though. The Avalon and Acura TLX AWD were on the list too, the Avalon was nice, but just a little too big and didn't have the AWD or the styling that was up with the Acura. I really liked the Acura AWD with the 6 cylinder engine after my test drive and was going mull it over and purchase it the following week. I had another meeting up in Detroit that week and looked again on the Genesis website and noticed Suburban Genesis had just gotten quite a few G70's in, they had the color I was looking for and once I took it for a test drive I saw it was like no car I have ever owned. When Jeff gave me a very good deal, rather than wait till the dealers in Cleveland got it in, I might as well just purchase it here. The cabin is phenomenal, visibility, sound system, very user friendly controls, high definition display, looks, quietness, and comfort are all as good as it gets. The heater warms the cabin up very fast. The Elite Package comes with all the amenities you need and then some. I got the Himalayan Gray, the rims are very eye catching. Another thing that I was very impressed about is the gas mileage, every trip I have taken has been over 30 mpg, never had a car that has done this before! The voice activation is very reliable and makes it very easy to, especially with Android Auto. I feel the 2.0 liter engine is fine, I am in sales and do a lot of 2 lane highway driving and passing quickly is not a problem. The transmission is ultra smooth. I do feel my Volvo handled better in the snow and the seating was slightly more comfortable, but other than that, no contest. I have been using 89 Octane with no issues or decreased gas mileage. Still absolutely no quality issues. Genesis does need to work on having nicer showrooms, all the ones that are in Cleveland are nothing more than Hyundai Dealers. The Service Managers and Mechanics have all been top rate though.

My Designer Edition Rocks

SleeperG, 06/07/2019
3.3T Design 4dr Sedan AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This car is not fuel efficient. Get past this, and you will enjoy it. The 3.3 ltr twin turbo is capable of supplying necessary power at low levels, or answering the call when you ask it to (triple digits before you know it). Really a great ride.