Used 2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Taurus for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Watch the water pump!

MattF, 02/11/2017
SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2010-2014 3.5 v6 engines in Taurus, Flex, Explorer etc. 60k miles plus. Water pump fails and (yes, it's unbelievable but true) sprays coolant into the crank case and kills engine. $7k for a new engine. $4k for a used engine. If you own one of these, be ready or sell now. If not, say away. Just google it, the issue is all over the forums. Just happened to me at 115k miles.

Pleasently surprised

watashi, 09/28/2009
SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I ordered my Taurus Sel last June and received delivery on September 22. the SEL is very well equipped as is. The only thing I added was leather interior. I am very impressed with the handling qualities and the suspension.The ride almost has a sport feel. It is firm yet not harsh. The engine does an excellent job pulling it along with little effort despite the 4,000 pound weight. The 6 speed transmission is very smooth shifting through the gears. You wouldn't know it was shifting if you were'nt watching the tach. With the cruise control set, the transmission will down shift on steep descents in order to maintain the set speed. I also like the manual overide feature.

Best car I've ever owned.

smcnair, 04/13/2011
SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Over 40,000 miles driven in 2 years and not a single complaint. From the ground up this car is built to impress. You can tell that the Boeing influence was implemented in the front seat "cockpit" design. I still get compliments from people in parking lots who cannot believe it is a Taurus. I traded in my 2007 BMW 3 series and am sooo happy I did. I feel that the Taurus is more luxurious than my BMW was and is better on gas as well. If the Taurus ever does need to be worked on, it will be a fraction of the cost my of the BMW. Bravo, Ford! Bravo!

This is a FORD???

dfurgs, 02/24/2010
SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have never considered myself a "Ford Guy". I drove the Camry and the Taurus and I chose the Taurus. I was really amazed with myself. I had my mind set that the Camry would blow the Taurus away. It didn't happen. The Taurus blew the Camry away! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR!!! The only complaint I have is the center console is too close to my right leg. ford could have made the center console smaller and more ergonomic. Not that big of a deal!!! I tell everyone this car is as close to a BMW as you can get. The price tag is nothing like a BMW. Go drive one and see for yourself. Ford has brought quality back to DETROIT. AAAA++++ for the NEW Taurus.

Big Shift

headflex, 10/03/2010
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car should have the luxury brands worried. I've been a BMW owner since 2007 until this year when I made the switch back to Ford. One of my favorite cars I've ever owned was my 1988 5.0 and now Ford has me back in the saddle again with a smile on my face. Sorry Beamer aside from great performance you have a lot of work to do to meet American bang for the buck!

12345...15