Used 2005 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Taurus for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

2005 TAURUS SE

Dan J, 02/12/2007
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it used as a previous program car with 27,000 miles. Got a great deal! This car has been worth every dollar. Great second car to run around in. Also purchased a extended warranty, kinda sad that I did, it has not been needed thus far. I just do routine maintenance and drive it. Could have paid $4-5k more for a Honda or Toyota, WHY? This car gets the job done!

My Rotten Taurus

B, 04/30/2020
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Check for rust. Bought 2005 Taufus new as last model sold to public. AT 12 yrs brake lines Rotted out. Ford charged $500 for $80 worth of parts , because they were no longer required to stock them. In 12/19 The bottom of chassis rotted out making car undrivable..Car cost me about $1000 yr to own, so cant complain. Not worth the chance today

Never again.

P. Citrowske, 10/20/2020
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car for my young college children, with the reputation that I heard about this car in the mid 2000's being "rock solid" and unbreakable cars -- so much so that they were used in the car rental business. I bought the car with just under 100k miles 5 years ago for $3250. At 147k miles, the transmission went out - and I had enough of this problematic car. I added up my receipts over 5 years and found I spent over $2200 on maintenance and repair -- from tires, brakes, rotors, water pump, plugs, wires, starter, alignment, belt, tensioner, head gasket....and that excludes the 1k I did NOT spend on a new catalytic converter and o2 sensors I refused to replace. (I had to re-registered in a county that didn't need emissions). It was in constant need of repair and the tranny finally going out was almost a relief -- I can now just call it quits with this relationship. I'm done. Do not recommend to anybody.