Used 2003 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Very Reliable
By Immanuel

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a decent, reliable car. Bought it 2 yrs old, at 36k miles for $ 9000, have driven it to about 129k, with no issues. So far I have spent about 250 for a water leak, brakes and oil changes. This car has been very reliable, a workhorse and inexpensive. Have gotten on an average 25 mpg for combined city and highway.

Trunk size.

More power.

Should I by a Ford Taurus
By daren

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Grandpa car? maybe? but I never had a problem with it. I change the oil semi regularly and only one break change in 7 years. Only one problem with heater/ac fan but it was covered by Ford. The was my first Ford and wont be my last. Buy American

runs well

none

Ford. Come on, you can do better!
By mzyeung

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used for 2 years but it was very low in millage. When the car was 6-7 years old, Out of the blue, the transmission just blew in the Highway. I was disappointed. Everything was perfect for a long time. We love American cars at home but it disappointed us every single time. We bought a new Hyundai Sonata recently.

It was good until 62K. Then the trans blew.

Ford and other American car makers. Shape up! Just endure our use/abuse until 120K please. Anything nowadays blew before 120K is just too early.

Disappointed
By Disappointed

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with only 8000 miles...after 1 yr it started having problems that dealership doesn't know who to fix. Now it getting dangerous. It stalls out & start back up...all electrical comes on with a loud pop, the car dies and starts back up. I almost had a wreak because the steering shuts down during this time and I was not able to complete the turn. Reviewing the web others have had this problems too. I took it to the dealership many times but they could not find out what was causing it. This is the last Ford I will buy.

I like the design & color.

Educated you mechanics on how to fix problems like I described above. Seats are not comfortable after awhile the down pump up and when they do they hurt your back. Body is like paper if barely bumped with another vehicle.

Very Pleased
By quinner

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 39000 miles two years ago. Now has 69000 miles. No complaints with how the car has run so far. Roomy enough for a family of 4 with power enough to pass somebody while getting 26-28 mpg highway. I even drive it on our hunting roads where only trucks dare to travel, handles great. Stock CD player works great and has nice sound. Heating and Air conditioning work excellent. Easy to change oil yourself and perform any other maintenance. The car looks good too.

Good mileage, decent sized, reliable, tough, handles great.

A little more power, interior fit and finish