Used 2001 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Bland but dependable
By curtis

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought 1 yr old w/5000 miles now at 155k drove in wi 4 yrs az 5 yrs replaced brake rotors at 80k, (use premium or they will warp) ac compressor at 125k, starter at 100k, head gaskets at 130k, radiator at 150k all in all a good car I liked the bland style thieves and cops don't seem to see it.

good trunk space

better transmission (can't tow even a small cargo trailer without the tranny heating up too much)

Reliable 24V Taurus
By hotrod

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned 3 tauruses and am considering buying a new sho. I fix cars for a living and hate working on my own so I don't buy cars that have troubles. You name the car and I've worked on it. My 2001 Taurus 24v has been more reliable than many of my customers hondas and toyotas or nissans. With 167k on the clock and counting my wife drives 12 miles each way to work every day. We take the car on road trips of 500 miles or more at a time and have never had a failure of any thing and I don't drive the car like grandma either. Our last tuarus was a 90'sho 5 spd that had 270,000 miles on it when we sold it.

The 24V motor. comfortable seats. large trunk space, 30 mpg hwy, handling .

the new eco boost SHO has everything I want

What a dud
By Zac

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as my first car about 3 and a half years ago. As soon as I finished paying it off, it started having one major problem after another. I liked driving the car while it worked, but all too often it didn't. I have only put ~16k miles on it since January '07 and I've had 3 major breakdowns with it. Kept regular maintenance on it, the car was just a dud. I wouldn't even recommend this car to my enemies, I'm not that cruel.

The car provided a comfortable ride from point A to point B when it worked.

Take a page from Toyota or Honda. Specifically, the page titled "Reliability."

Terrible car
By ihateford

2001 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car when it had 50,000 and the transmission went out at 63,000 I took it to the Ford dealership and they replaced it. 4000 dollars! Then at 130,000 the transmission went out again I hate this car it is a piece of junk I will never own Ford again the Taurus transmissions are very weak

nothing it is a piece of junk terrible transmission design

transmission

Good car
By sal

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Really Great car for the price i got this car. ford did a great job with this car.

the body of the car

better brakes i put really good brakes on my car. well the last owner or since the car came out they never replace the brakes or rotor