Used 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

Cheaply made car at a premium price
By David Smith

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this car since October 2013 and over 70,000 miles. It has had at least four unique recalls and now a fifth that took over a year for Ford to figure out how to repair. The trim is very cheap and general craftsmanship is poor. The gaps between fenders and the both the hood and trunk are variable by side. The trunk is so far out of line it's noticeable from a distance. The front end bottoms out and comes off on the sides. There are rattles throughout the car, but especially in the driver's side rear door. The gas mileage is substantially less than expected. It runs well though and brakes really well. Handling is good. Generally, it is a comfortable but small feeling car. Overpriced with rapid depreciation.

Awesome car! Quiet, Comfy and 42.5 Avg MPG!
By Steve McCown

Updated 12-7-2016
I now have 82K miles on the car and have had no mechanical issues with the car. I still love the ride and overall comfort of the vehicle. The fold down rear seat has come in handy for transporting 10 foot lengths of PVC and baseboard trim when our other vehicle is busy. :-) I would highly recommend this car to anyone. Ford has a real hit here. BTW my lifetime fuel economy is 41.7 now and I have a heavy foot!

I purchased this car as a work vehicle. I am a salesman who needs a comfortable ride for myself and clients. The Fusion Hybrid SE has been the perfect fit. The car is quiet and road noise is minimal. I have owned mine since May of 2013 and have driven it 68K averaging 42.5 mpg. Rear seat passengers always comment on the comfort and roominess of the rear seating. The 2.0 liter hybrid engine has plenty of pep when you need it and the CVT is smooth. My wife is not a "car person" and prefers trucks and SUV's but has stated on many occasions that she "likes" the Fusion. Overall I really love this car!

Positives: Great styling, comfort, quiet ride, great handling, fuel economy, responsive, front and rear seats are very comfortable, auto adaptive cruise is a great feature, fold down rear seat is handy when shopping or carrying long or bulky items.
Negatives: Bluetooth voice commands get garbled and people you are talking to on the hands free have trouble hearing you when climate control fan speed is above 40%. I have had to turn off/down the fan to make a hands free call or use voice command gps navigation.

Ok Car
By Tuko

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just turned in 2013 Fusion Hybrid at end of 3 year lease. Nice looking car. Pretty good mileage averaged around 41 mpg over the lease term which isn't bad but not up to advertising. MySync was a pain in the butt to get working properly. Trunk space severely limited by battery pack. Main complaint was the 13 gallon gas tank. Prior Fusions/MKZs hybrids had the standard 17.5 gallon tank. So, even with the great mileage, I was still having to fill up more often. After lease was up, went out and purchased a used 2012 Lincoln MKZ hybrid with the larger tank. Same great gas mileage. Good looking car. More pep than the Fusion for whatever reason. Maybe fill it up once per month. With most hybrids, mileage is better in the city than on the highway. Winter weather also takes a toll but heck, any car getting in the high 30s to high 40s in gas mileage is pretty good and for my two cents, the MKZ/Fusions look a heck of a lot better than a Prius. One more issue... passenger seat was not adjustable. Passenger feels like he/she is sitting in a bathtub. If buying used, make sure car has power passenger and driver seats.

Love this car!
By hankfink

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love it! Beautiful inside and out, very comfortable and I get 43MPG average. I drive pretty fast and on a regular bases exceed the MPGs. It's rated at 43 MPG now, so I'm happy thats exactly what I get. The stereo is great, and the navigation more accurate than a smart phone. On a trip from SF to LA I have a 1/4 tank left over. Surprises everyone how nice the interior (luxury package w navigation) is. Oh the brakes are great!

Interior, exterior styling. It's fast if you push it, and handles well.

Wish devs had apps for MyFord Touch, I'd like real buttons for climate controls and the radio and maybe more wheel options cause they're difficult to clean. I've had zero issues with the sync system, and I've found that most complaints were below a certain version.

Best Car I have purchased in years!
By terryauto

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Flawless! I have owned just about every make of car from high end US, European & Asian models to entry level cars and trucks.
I own 6 different cars and trucks and collector cars. It is fair to say I have experienced many different technologies. My Fusion Hybrid SE is loaded with all the options and has been flawless. At first the mileage was in the mid to high 30's and after 1500 miles I am up to 43mpg. The key is to take into consideration your driving style, road conditions, wind conditions. One thing i quickly learned was to use the cruise control as much as possible as it really helped my mileage. I am very impressed with the build quality, ride and performance of my Fusion! Love it!

The Ford Sync system, adaptive cruise control, parking system, interior fit, form and finish, cool exterior styling resembling Aston Martin! The car can deliver power when needed and has great acceleration for a hybrid! I own high torque/horsepower cars and the Fusion is no slouch! The ride is solid and comfortable and the quietness of the ride is better than other high end cars we have owned! That was a real surprise! Fuel economy is coming on and hopefully as we put more miles on the car it will get closer to the EPA rating. Wish they still sold fuel without Methanol! You would have better mileage and performance.

Allow the option for the high end Sony Stereo in the SE model! Add a power passenger seat that moves in the same motions as the drivers seat. Everything else is on target.