Used 2016 Ford Fusion Energi Sedan Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Fusion Energi Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Energi model:

HATE LOVE RELATIONSHIP
By Vicki236

2016 Ford Fusion Energi Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Spouse leased a 2015 SE plug in. I really didn't like it at all. There were some irritating things about it. Naturally the trunk space is always an issue. It wasn't very comfortable getting in and out when having back issues. My Prius hybrid of 10 years got totaled and I started driving this more. I was in the drivers seat and that adjusted well so my attitude was changing. The last month of the lease was eye awakening. The new cars I was considering purchasing were the Prius Prime and the Kia Niro. I did want to upgrade to a plug in. And all of the latest safety features were a big draw. The prices even with tax incentives were high. The Prius Prime was eliminated because the passenger seat didn't go up and down to help get in and out with back issues. The Niro at least had that feature. Then I discovered that the Fusions passenger seat did adjust fully. This is necessary when you have a spouse who wants to drive when you go somewhere together. Another very important feature came into play when I was out of town and having a great shopping trip at IKEA and managed to lock everything in the trunk and car. Phone, purse, keys etc....I didn't remember the code but thankfully borrowing a passing shoppers phone got me back in with the door code. I had never used it before. What a stress saver. We still turned in the 2015, found a used 2016 with only 24,000 miles in great shape. I plug it in as much as possible and the average mileage is up to 59. It has every safety feature and accessory I could ever hope for. I hope to have this car at least as long as I had my Prius. It is nice getting back to a Ford.

Bought this car again!
By Blake

Got rid of one after a car accident. Loves it so much I bought it again.

Electrical and programming issues
By Steve

2016 Ford Fusion Energi Sedan SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

At first this car was great until the brain went out. When I say brain I mean the center console navigation controls everything. It has the rear view camera,controls Bluetooth, ac unit radio so basically all the electrical components. It went out and dealership cannot repair it. My car has been in the shop three weeks now. If you want to pay for a vehicle that spends alot of time in the shop I recommend this car. If not buy a Hyundai or Kia cause they have a great warranty plan. Ford Corporate and finance we're no help at all. All you get is the run around because it's a electric vehicle and dealerships only have one technican at each facility that work on these vehicles. I'm a very frustrated and unhappy customer.

Electrical and programming issues
By Steve

I love this car and love the fuel mileage.
By Richard Stewart

If you are looking for a good ride & handling and great fuel mileage buy a Ford Fusion Energi I went from $200 a month to $0 for fuel. I can pay for the car with the fuel savings. I remember 1973 when the gas companies tucked it to me,now it's my turn,what goes around comes around,I'm loving it.