2016 Ford Fusion Energi Sedan Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Fusion Energi Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Energi model:

Piece of Garbage
By N. Shain

2016 Ford Fusion Energi Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A. Ford Motor Company fraudulently advertised and charged an additional $ 25.000.00 U.S. Dollars a for a 7.6 kwh battery but delivered 3.8 kwh battery.

B.The fully charged car showed on the display around the equivalent 20 miles of pure electrical traveling distance and delivered only around 11 to 12 miles. I strongly believe that Ford Motor Company may have installed an electronic chip or software in their cars that inflates the number of miles on the display only (not the actual traveled miles) by incorrectly converting kwh to miles to be traveled, the actual miles traveled is much less than what the display states. This would be similar to what VW did when they installed software in their cars to manipulate the the smog check tests results.

C. Ford Motor Company classifies customers / consumers complaints as a “FEEDBACKS” or concerns instead of a complaints. This way different government regulatory agencies can never see those complaints on their data base.

Items B & C are very important discoveries that should be thoroughly investigated and if it was found to be true Ford Motor Company should be severely fined for it,.

Amazing MPGE
By Richard Staples

I bought my 2016 Ford Fusion Energi this March 22 2016 and could not be more pleased. It is good looking, comfortable, good handling and I get great mileage. My car was filled up at the dealership when I bought it and I did not put any gas in it until my birthday three months later on June 22! I did NOT need gas since it registered three quarters full but I was curious about my mileage. Nearly all of my driving is in town within the 19 mile electric range which, so far has proven fairly accurate. When I filled up on June 22, I had driven 716 miles and it took exactly 5.138 gallons to fill it up! Again, my driving allows me to use it in electric mode nearly 100% of the time, I only drive it in hybrid mode when I visit my son (28 mile round trip), my daughter (22 mile round trip) , or any trip over the electric mode limit which is not often. I do wish ford would place the battery system between the frame like Tesla to allow more trunk space and I agree that the Mytouch system takes a while to learn, but those are my only points of concern. At my electric rate I calculate I may spend around $8 per month to charge the car but I have been unable to detect a change in my bill.

From Hemi's to Hybrids!
By Artemus Gordon

Before you buy, go drive the cars in your price range. We looked at Tesla and everything in between. The Fusion Titanium Energy stood out in many ways. It feels like a real car. Doors are solid with reassuring feel. It's not a toy. Many others felt like something other than a traditional automobile. In fact my first drive shocked me. It had power and was stable and felt like a real car. I own an SRT 8 Charger 392. There is no comparison, but I will say the Fusion Energi will surprise you when you step on the gas. Last, the array of Tech available for this car is nothing short of amazing. The car is an excellent value and a step up from the competition in my opinion.

Ford Fusion energi fail
By Bill Brown

Ford Fusion Energi is a complete fail! The range of the battery only is 12 miles not the 20 miles that Ford tries to tell consumers that they will get. If you run the radio or heater, the range goes down even further. My 2016 with 5200 miles is only worth $17,000 in trade at the dealership I purchased it at 6 months ago. Other auto makers have more features than the Ford. Stay away from Ford Fusion Energi!

Best plugin hybrid among all. But not many in the
By Aashith Kamath