2017 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Good little Ford
By Michael McIntyre

2017 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

A lot of transmission complaints are from the 2012 models. I also owned one of those until buying the 2017. The 2012 was in the shop 4 times for transmission trouble. My new Ford Focus is wonderful in all respects and I expect it will stay that way based on its performance thus far.

New and true
By Rick

2017 Ford Focus Hatchback SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Great little car for the money. I currently have 14000 miles on my ruby red SEL hatchback and I am very happy so far . Driving to my daughters in Virginia from New Jersey I have gotten between 43 and 47 miles per gallon . The computer is usually one and a half to 2 miles per gallon too much I use the odometer. I previously had a suburban this was a big change and I was surprised how good the ride and comfort were on the highway , I don't drive the car fast I am very conservative with it . I have also driven stick shifts for years and the shifting of this transmission does not bother me at all. I give it time to shift and have no problems for me it's a great little car ! One thing I would add is that when I come to a stop, I watch the rpms, and wait for it to be in neutral before taking off. In traffic I don't creep forward. I wait and give the car in front of me a little distance before I move up thereby not slipping clutches. I believe this helps.

Don't forget to Focus
By Natasha T

2017 Ford Focus Hatchback SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I have owned my car, brand new since April 2017 and I have had numerous issues with the windshield wipers getting stuck in the up/angled position while driving. The engine sputters when accelerating and down shifting. The radio has required 3 updates in the short time I have owned the car. I was told that the wipers "might have had too much water on them to work" or that "the windshield was not wet enough" I hit a curb due to this malfunction. This car is not worth the hassles. Glad I purchased extended warranty.

The best car I’ve ever been in !
By Erik

2017 Ford Focus Hatchback SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I got the Focus SEL sport all black with black rims and led dead lights. The car looks awesome and has amazing handeling of it. Used to have a Ford Fusion and the difference is very much. Great cabin space. I enjoy every ride with this focus even to go to the market! Love this and I know all you will too!

2017 Focus SEL Hatchback
By CL CL

2017 Ford Focus Hatchback SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Good car for the money. Working with the dealership was as expected, shady at times. Ended up getting the car for $16060 total including tax and all, out the door price. Good luck.