Used 2014 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Reliable and Fun to Drive
By rebelnate

2014 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in August of 2014 from the dealer and drove it off the lot with 10 miles on it. I now have around 39,400 miles in 26 months. I also have the 5 speed manual transmission. The only issues I have had with the car were replacing a tail light bulb and then 2 tires because of nails. It is peppy for a small car and has more horsepower than the other cars in its class, (which is something I looked for). On interstates going the speed of traffic on open highways I average 35.5 mpg. On 2 lane highways with a lower speed limit I have averaged between 39 and 44 mpg of 200 mile round trips. It handles well in all types of weather. The AC cools off the car quickly in the hot days of summer. The bluetooth syncs easily with my phone, however I have had to resync it once. The legroom is the back is a little poor but it is a small car. The resale value of the car is poor because of issues with automatic transmission however but the manual transmission editions are reliable and fun to drive. I would easily consider buying one with a manual transmission again.

RIPPOFF
By chipmunk26

2014 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

well the car looks good but be careful . the first problem you will get is going to be the transmission, the shifting is rough and it will need to figure whether it needs to shift or not..... de careful in traffic it will give you a backache. the update you will get from the dealership is not very good since they are not equipped with the issue and the warranty is extended to some parts but all the parts that need to be fixed that is if you over 5/60k warranty part for powertrain. When it comes it to resale that's a hole another story. the car drops in price massive when it comes to trade it or sell at least 4k-6k. the Bluetooth setup is okay but you will need to reconnect it overtime since it will not do that and also understand what your saying. I do not recommend any to buy this car not worth it. I also went through 3 transmission over the time I had the car an average of 10k miles . I had a total of 16 repair on the car which made it an average of 1.85 which comes out to every 2months in the shop (owning it for 28months).

P.O.S NEVER AGAIN!!!
By Jen

2014 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Dealership sold me this new car back in 2014. From the start the transmission was jumpy. Taking off from a stop that car shakes back and forth like it doesn't want to go. This type of acceleration is dangerous if you need to get out of the way. Dealership was no help and I was told there is not fix except computer updates which don't work. I have had 3 computer updates since having the car. I will never buy from Ford again. Value of the car went down quick. Now that I have had it long enough and paid of enough it will be traded in for a better car NOT with Ford. I will be surprised if someone doesn't get help with this issue. I was told sales reps do not have to tell you about the problem. No integrity!!

JUNK JUNK JUNK
By Angela

2014 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is JUNK! Transmission slips, nothing but issues after having it for 2,000 miles. brought car in they wouldnt fix it until the 3rd time i went with the mechanic. WOSRT CAR EVER! I WILL NEVER BUY FROM FORD AGAIN!! Corporate is USELESS, all they said was they can't do anything about it. JUNK

FORD'S REVENGE ON AMERICA
By HARRY BERGER

2014 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 73 yrs I thought I would treat myself to my first new car ever. Bearing in mind we were a ford family since 1947 and I drove a 2004 mercury marquis for 11 yrs it was reasonable to think buying a new ford from wayne akers ford in lake worth florida was the right thing. I bought a new focus and after 10 days and the trans locking up 4 times in 400 miles I returned to the dealership to uplift this deal. They pleaded with me to take another new 2014 ford focus same model same deal same price after 4-5 hours of fighting with them they convinced me to take another . I went along with their offer ..... But when I was presented with a bill for around 2400.00 I insisted they call me a cab . As I refused either to take mycar back and or accept their offer of "Even exchange" with a diff of 2400. They reduced it to 1200....No thank you then 600 . After 6 hours of fighting I agreed to 400. The next morning I woke up and checked the "Very same car" not to be so they substituted a much cheaper model over a 1000.00 cheaper I drove to the dealership and they refused to acknowledge this.. (oops I am a retired mechanic had my own shop) so off to small claims court their attorney claimed they made a mistake and pleaded with me to accept 1500.00 so they did not want to go in front of the judge. I lost 325.00 on the filing fees. The new focus was better the transmission did not lock up but jerked hesitated late and early changes car jerked violently when I went to the dealer a good few times their standard response "We could not duplicate problem" eventually the loud banging the dealer could not deny they replaced the trans. As for the very very poor gas mileage 16-18 mpg they told me they checked and I was getting 29.5 mpg I decided to make a pictural history everytime I filled up 3/4 tank 1/2 ank 1/4 tank and the comp proved that I was getting barely 17/19 at best I advised the dealer that the violent jerking was affecting my spinal surgery which the neuro surgery determined I was permanently disabled . After 2 yrs of very bad service horrible horrible car . I traded it in for a 2013 ford fusion landed costing me over 21000.00 for a car that should be crushed recalled ford screwed up 2013/4 ford focus and costs americans millions of dollars in fords screw up possibly worse than the ford pinto or the edsel