Used 2009 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

102,500 miles
By Doug

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had my 2009 Focus SE for a year now and I love it. The only thing I have had to fix in the time which Ive owned it was the master cylinder for my brakes. Aside from having a rotation and alignment done with the wheels, this car has been reliable for me. I go to college 2 hours away from my house and I get around 32-34mpg on the highway. I bought the car with 93,000 miles on it and have almost put 10,000 miles on it in the year I have had it. I would definitely recommend for a first car.

after renting thought about buying
By Maria

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My friend and I rented Ford Focus on https://rental24h.com/usa/los-angeles-airport for nearly 60$/day went to the chalet for a couple of days. The way was 246 km long, everything was okay, no noises, good road holding except one thing- doors of the car during the opening/closing cracked. I've heard that this model has such feature so we didn't pay attention to that.

216,000 mile update review
By eddie

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well I've had this car for over 7 years, just rolled over 200,000 miles yesterday and can say, I've had one problem with the power steering that cost about $340. Other than that besides regular services, its been a great car. Hopefully I can go another 200,000 on it and get some good use out of it. Recently my mom drove the car and was very impressed how well its held up. Still has the original brake pads and original clutch.

Great buy for a low price
By Jajuan Monroe

2009 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this vehicle it was just about everything I was looking for with a few extra perks. The space between the front seats and the back seats could have been a little larger, there is only one cup holder in the back, and there's no way to open the trunk from inside the car but everything else is great. It handles well on road, the sound system is pretty good and it even has LED lights in the cup holders and around the floor of the vehicle. It even comes equipped with Microsoft sync and satellite radio. Overall, this was a perfect buy for me and I intend on using this car for a while.

First Car
By Chase M

2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this is a great car! My ford focus is currently at 171,000 miles and is still going strong. The only things we've had to replace so far is the tires, battery, spark plugs, etc. Comfort is great in the front seats, however if you have multiple people in your family or have a carpool, you should know the back seat is VERY tight.. still comfortable just not designed for anyone tall.. The other complaint would be the fact that they offered lighter colors in the focus. I believe most all cars should either have black interior or VERY dark gray.. We got an awesome deal on the car because of how stained and gross the inside is.. floorboard carpet and cloth seating looks terrible.. even after I've used several stain removers..