Used 2002 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

Used Focus for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...62

Pros
Cons
4.38 out of 5 stars

2002 Ford Focus ZX5

CarMan, 04/10/2010
ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several cars in my life and drive more than the average. My Focus had its first repair at 112,000 miles needing a sensor replaced. Other than tires, and brakes, and oil changes this car has been an amazing one and I would not hesitate to buy another. Gas mileage is also incredible, tires are inexpensive, and the seats are more comfortable than in my Jag.

4.25 out of 5 stars

one of the best cars i've owned

ford_351, 08/09/2012
SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When I was 16 my parents gave me a 2002 Focus Wagon SE they had since brand new at 154k miles. Me being dumb at the time and still in Highschool, I beat the living hell out of it on the back roads like nobody would believe and it just kept going and going. Timing belt finally went and then the motor was toast. That's the only major problem with these cars if you have the 2.0 DOHC engine, you HAVE to replace the timing belt every 70k miles. 4 1/2 years later I'm a mechanic and happend to come across another 02 Focus again for a price I couldn't pass up. With 192k miles this car runs / drives so smooth and quiet I couldn't believe it. Just replaced the timing belt today for peace of mind.

4.5 out of 5 stars

6 Year owner and active forum member

nosstang, 12/24/2012
SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This was my first car at 16 and I still own it today. As you can imagine a 16 year old with a modified SVT focus tends to think he is Ken Block... So my focus has had alot of abuse and I feel my review has some merit for a daily driven and hooned focus The car has never left me stranded but requires some timely maintenance. Common repairs for this car other then wear and tear. Thermostat housing, The car would IDLE at 2k when first started. Had ford re flash the ECU with a updated control map and fixed the problem (common and known problem) My odd issues. Ignition Coil would cut off #4 cylinder. Thus replaced with aftermarket MSD. Wheel Bearing, cracked control arm. Engine mounts wear

5 out of 5 stars

Great car! Very practical and fun to drive.

John McIlnay, 12/17/2016
ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Early Ford Focus wagons (2002-2004) are hidden gems. There are well-made, fun to drive, get good gas mileage, and have a huge caring capacity, especially when the backseats are folded down. I've owned mine for seven years and over 100,000 miles. I record every fill up and over that time I've averaged 27 miles per gallon. That includes mostly city driving and also Illinois winter conditions. On road trips I've gotten 30 MPG. I've had almost 20 cars and the Focus wagon, all things considered, has been the best.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Love thiscar

franker01, 05/23/2015
SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it several years ago with about 100K on it. Now pushing 200K. It did break a timing belt which cost me some but that was because the previous owner never had it replaced which I didn't know. Doesn't hold freon but neither does my wife's 5 year old Sienna so that is about 50 bucks a year to recharge. It is a very serviceable car that gets me places and is OK to drive. Looking into buying a newer model.

12345...62