Used 2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

My new/used 500
By Gary

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I used to drive an Elantra GT. I started to have leg pains on long drives. I decided to search for a comfortable and safe car. After reading many owner comments about the Ford 500 I decided it was the car for me. There isn't a lot of 500's in my area but I found one with low mileage and in great shape. My wife and I love the car!! Thanks to you owners of 500"s I made a great choice and I look forward to many years of ownership.

comfortm style, safety

Ford 500
By Matt B

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 07 Ford 500 back in June 2007. Things have been going ok until Christmas of last year when on vecation car died while driving using cruise control. After this died 3-4 times for the same reason but then only by adjusting speed by cruise controls. After that abnormal wear on back rotors and break pads. Now after 80.000 miles the transmissions seems to starts slipping when go beyond first gear. Car is still at the shop so we will see when they finish with the diagnostics.

Ford need to give better powertrain warranty like 100.000 miles or 120.000 miles and longer bumper to bumper warranty.

Love it
By Gerry

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a 2007 Ford 500 and we have 93,000kms on it already. I am 77 years old a retired professional transport driver and have had a lot of cars in my life time. I Have never had a vehicle that is as reliable for driving in the snow, ice and slush of Alberta Winters. We have gone to Alaska, and Nova Scotia and never had one ounce of trouble. Love It love It Love It!!!

Transmision, four wheel drive, high sitting, 18 inch wheels, a real plus for elderly people

Arm rest on the drivers door should be a little higher

Way Underrated
By Rockinroller

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

It's great that reviews like Edmunds knock vehicles that are actually superb examples of engineering and excellent design/functionality. It keeps the prices low!! I purchased my 500 AWD Limited not long ago, used, with 19000 miles. I was looking for a suitable substitute to the mundane and boring SUVs and a departure from the bumpy ride from my most recent leased vehicle, a Dakota 4x4. The 500 is a complete 180 in terms of quality, comfort, utility and style. The interior is totally functional, the visibility is unrestricted and the power from the 3.0 engine is more than adequate for anything beyond a street race (at $2.00+ a gal. for gas, what the heck is so important about speed?

Classy style, 18" Pirellis and chrome rims, luxurious interior, great gas mileage for a luxury sedan, all wheel drive.

Leave it alone. This will be a classic for domestic AWD sedans.

Sold cars for 18 years and love the 500
By retired dealer

2007 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am thrilled with the dependability, comfort, safety, and storage capacity of this vehicle. The present mileage is at 51,000 and have had no problems. Braking system is excellent, Needed new pads at 40K with no other parts needed. I use Mobil 1 for oil changes and the car runs excellent. I recently drove another ford 500 with 12,000 miles and found no noticeable difference in the drive of my vehicle. The only issue is that I am 6'4'' and the leg room could be about 3" longer for my left leg. I can live with this because many of the vehicles that I've sold over the years would be non dependable and I would be walking rather than driving. Average mpg is 23.6 since car was new. WOW. LOVE IT.

Great ride, corners excellently, dependable, Roomy, great rear passenger room, easy entering and exiting even if you have severe arthritis in your knees,( not like the poor design of Impala ), many extras, great leather seats, great design and looks, maintains alignment and great MPG

Leg room for tall people in drivers compartment. Needs about 3" more. Needs light in glove compartment. Other than listed - WOW.