Used 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Ford Truck Review
By Boyd

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a large, heavy duty, truck. It is outstanding for hauling heavy lods or pulling heavy . It is tough and reliable. But it is hard to anuever in tight places and sometimes hard to park. Turning radius is quite large.

My 02 f250 5.4 Super Duty automatic/gas
By mempey

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XL 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Truck is a beast 7 feet tall, good power, great inside and out...it guzzles gas and oil, i have no leaks no damage but under carriage rust and bed rust.... great ride awesome power, I run 89 gas with GUMOUT I save $20 per fill up using this product....

huge interior great reliability, we drove it from Boston down to NC during the winter starts runs fine, i needed the 4x4 twice and np at all easy switch.. very comfy but it has the 4x4 truck suspension but never any alignment issues etc

think they can improve the touchy engine but once you change certain things it runs great again

Once it gets started it's a blast
By Sam Carey

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 2WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Now mind you I've done just about everything to this beast. KN cold air intake, Edge Performance chip w/on dash module, Weston Nerf bars, etc. now the issues I have is if the engine gets below 65 degrees it won't start except a whole lot of cranking. And then if it is way too cold like below zero it kills the batteries. I've replaced no less than 4 batteries ($90 a pop), 3 alternators ($550 a pop), a refit of the diesel/coolant system ($1800). Right now this thing has turned into a money pit, as i speak it sits dead again on my driveway, and yes it is plugged in, it's always plugged in

I can tow anything, and I mean ANYTHING when it runs

Better alternator design for sure

Why buy anything else??
By E

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I honestly don't know why anyone would consider buying anything else. Bought w/150,000 mi. Replaced the fuel sensor about 2 yrs ago. That's it..at 160,000 mi!! Change the oil and go. Why on earth Ford stopped building this motor is exactly the reason why buyers are abandoning their trucks in droves. If you buy a 6.0L or a 6.4L, you deserve what you get. You would do well to talk to diesel mechanics first. I'm going to upgrade soon and I guess that I'll have to go to the GMC Duramax, much as I hate to. Just a great, great motor in a great truck.

the motor will pull a freight train.

Start building this motor again!!

Best Truck Ever!!!
By Erik

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have had this truck now for 5 years. i have gone cross country and and mudding just about any thing you can think of. The reason i bout this truck is because my friends and the 03 and 04 F-250 diesil 6L something but it was garbage. I have never done anything but lift it, oil change, and new tires other wise all the thinds i have done it runs brand new like the day i bought it. It has so much power and the Turbo makes it sound amazing. My best friend has a Dodge Ram 1500 diesil and i can go so many more places faster and eaiser. i would buy this truck agian and not a newer one the 1999-2002 is the year u want trust me!

7.3L V8 Interior Desighn 4x4 Turbocharged