Used 2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews

Used F-150 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Bought it because I got a great deal!

Phil, 01/24/2017
XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a Toyota man. I have owned many Toyota's throughout my life and have gotten exceptional miles and reliability out of them. So why did I buy an F-150? Because I got a $25,000 truck for $15,000. So here is a review from a guy who never intended to buy an F150. First, what a pleasure to drive. Quiet, powerful, corners great, takes bumps really well. I test drove a Tundra just before I bought this, and the F-150 is so much more awesome to drive. Second, the backseat space is amazing on the Super Crew. My son, at the age of 13, is pushing 6 feet tall. He loves it. My daughter does too. I would not feel bad at all taking adults in the backseat of this car. Stretch out those legs. Tundras with the extra large 4-doors are very hard to find, but Super Crew F-150's are everywhere and there was not a crazy upcharge for them like Tundras. But when you want to bring more gear, just fold up those back seats! Nothing is in your way, not even seat brackets. This beats Toyota hands down. In fact, I watched video where Toyota just started copying the F150 in this regard. Finally, I didn't think I would like the tall bed, but I love it. I just have lots of gear (duck decoys) that I throw back there. It absorbs it all. And since I have a Tonneau cover it is really important to have the deep bed. I only wish I got the tailgate with the pull-out step and handle. I have the EcoBoost. If you live in a climate with a lot of moisture, you may want to stay away. Fortunately, I live in a desert environment. The jury is still out on this motor, but I was slightly relieved to hear of a guy who already got 300,000 miles on his. Gas mileage...better than your average truck, but nothing like advertised. Keep in mind though...this thing tows 11,300 lbs! Will be nice to know when I buy a camper. I may actually be an F-150 guy now. Well, with only 50k miles on this truck, I will be for the next 10 years for sure.

Look out!!!

Got me once not again ford, 01/15/2019
King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Ford will not stand behind the high pressure fuel pump!!! 110k on truck and it blows without warning!! Service was up to date and it fails going down the road!! Very dangerous for anyone put in that situation by a piece of crap pump system!! Oh and by the way, it only cost me yes me 8500 to get it back on the road!! For a 70plus thousand dollars truck it’s not worth the risk!! Cost me my truck and a lot of money!! Read online about the pump situation and you’ll see it’s been going on for a long long time!! I drove a 2002 f250 diesel 398k miles 7.3 motor and never had an issue other than standard maintenance!! Should have kept it and would still be driving a ford diesel!! SO DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND LOOK OUT BECAUSE EVEN WITH A LIFETIME WARRANTY THE FORD STILL WANT COVER THE HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP!! Aggravated is not the words to describe my feelings but I’ll leave it at that!!

DUPED BY ECO-BOOST MPG

flaf150lar, 01/02/2014
Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I too was duped by the MPG that Ford so proudly advertised you'd get with the new Eco-Boost 3.5L engine. I have had mine a year. I have a friend who bought the 5.0 v8 F150 and his gas mileage is far better than mine. Makes me mad since I paid more $$ for this engine to get less MPG. I would not recommend this engine to anyone unless you were pulling something all the time. Someone mentioned lights leaking, mine are also leaking and the visor mirror is in need of repair as the lid won't stay closed. Wish I would've listened to some of the reviews I read when I was buying this truck. My advice is don't buy the chrome package either, it turns out its all plastic and hard to keep clean.

FX2 w/ Ecoboost

chevy80c10, 11/03/2013
FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Well i traded in my 04 z71 ext cab for this thing. At first i was extremely impressed with the power the ecoboost had, especially over chevy's 5.3. Over time though (its been a year) I honestly wished that i kept my silverado. The advertised gas mileage is a croc. I barely get 19 out of it on the highway with cruise on. TX speed limit on most of the highways i travel is 75, and i barely can get over 18 with it. If you are looking at one with a 5.0 go with that, at least you know youre getting near your advertised mileage. The low end torque is great for pulling but its not that much different over the 5.0 honestly. The inside is roomy as well even in the back seat. This truck had a hefty price tag and i wouldnt buy one again unless it was used. I went back to an 05 sierra, the f150 wasn't worth the price to me.

F150 xlt 4 years old several drivers

MPR, 01/11/2017
XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

These trucks are a great value if you get the right packages and buy at the right time of year. I got mine as an XLT super crew, cloth split 60/40 front with the extra bed liner spray for around $31,000. The super crew is huge - very spacious and comfortable.. I added a folding hard cover for the bed and it has worked out great. I love the split front seats with all the storage space - many compartments. The sync works well, all steering wheel controls for sync, phone and radio are very convenient. The handling and road comfort are excellent. The only negative is the turning radius is not very tight, it is hard to turn around in tight spaces. I recommend adding a rear bumper sonic detector. For maintenance - I am very picky - I do all my own maintenance, use synthetic oils and good filters. The 5.0 coyote engine holds 7.7 liters of oil, which is a big increase over prior years. I change it about every 7,000 miles, but it can easily go over 10,000 miles before the computer alerts you to change it. Power is good but not earth shaking. Ok to move my daughter into college on a long road trip. The mileage is ok at 18 combined, up to 24 highway only, around 13-14 city, I expected better, from other reviews, glad I didn't go for the turbo v-6. Rotating the tires is very important because the front wheel turning radius is not great and the front wheels do scrub a bit, leading to noticeable edge wear on the rubber. The spare is full size but a steel wheel, so to rotate that into the mix you need to also have a mechanic swap wheels. It is worth it for the cost savings on tires. NOTE; The engine oil dipstick has a very short handle and is extremely difficult to reach - seems like a simple fix, but it's annoying. There is NO dipstick to check the trans fluid, it can only be accessed underneath the truck. Checking level is impossible, but it is only a once every 100,000 mile issue to change it.. Biggest NEGATIVE: The coolant system started to leak at 76,000 miles - upper radiator hose. I thought I could fix it - wrong. This is a HORRIBLE DESIGN! The hose is not simple - it is two parts plus a plastic tee connector - dealer wants $517 to replace, my local mechanic only wants $347. BUT the parts are back-ordered due to high demand. Many of these leak about 75,0000 miles, it is a national problem.. Apparently it is a total system with the upper and lower hoses connected to each other thru multiple tees and valves - what a rat's nest! Someone should be fired over this. Other than this problem, the truck has been trouble free for 5 years and 76,000 miles with my various teenagers driving it too. That is why it gets 4 stars instead of 5. I would buy one again, but I hope they simplify radiator hose design. if it ain't broke, don't fix it - they forgot that concept.

12345...6