Used 2008 Ford Explorer SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Explorer for Sale
Select your model:
1...345678

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

Engine makes too much noise.

Charles E.Nichols, 11/02/2007
Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We just returned from a five day trip in our new Ford Explorer Limited. We are very happy with it except for the loud engine noise that it makes when you barely put on the gas to pass, going up an incline or just taking off. We gotta get something done about this problem. I have purchased a stream of Exploerers and this has to be by far the loudist of all which makes me think there is something wrong in the manifold/exaust area connections or that there is far too little insullation on the rear fire wall.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Crazy car!!

dannyboy791, 11/29/2007
XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! I got the Ironman edition with the Orange Frost color. Get comments on it every day mostly of people who like the orange! But this car is awsome! Drives really nice with low amount of road noise. Don't like the fuel economy so much. the v6 has enough power but nothing crazy. Has a lot of room with very comfortable seats front and back. Ironman p adds some cool bumpers and side pannels with a blacked out grille.

5 out of 5 stars

They don't make them like this anymore

VTFarmGirl, 08/27/2021
Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Explorer and am so in love with it! I had a 1994 but that one didn't last past 90k miles. I bought my 2008 in fall of 07 and had it ever since.AS of today it has 331,000 miles and just needs tires and maybe a muffler , LOL. I would buy it again or another in this year model.

1...345678