Used 2008 Ford Explorer SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Explorer for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons
4.5 out of 5 stars

Third Explorer

J D, 08/20/2008
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Each of my Explorers I have purchased new. 1994,2003,2008 and each have been much improved from the previous. I still own the 2003. The 08 is definitely a flagship, very comfortable, some cheap shortcuts though have me disappointed. The chrome clad wheels, I didn't realized till purchased but come on Ford this are very cheesy. Each one of my previous Explorers all top of the line have had solid chrome or aluminum wheels. If I would have realized this I probably would not have bought it. Another disappointment is the cheap interior. For 42000 it should be plush. But overall the ride is great and seats comfortable, plenty of power with the V8. I like the new one more everyday.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Nice SUV, Cheesy Interior Changes

Petersdraggon, 11/18/2008
XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Previously owned a 2005. This one has the cheesy chromed instrument cluster/tunnel?),chromed round air vents. I liked the retangular ones better, not gimmicky, but kept with the truck-like theme and feel of the rest of the SUV. I also liked the column mounted shift lever, now in the console it takes up space; lever so huge-looks out of place and gets in the way of the controls especially when in park-that was another gimmicky move, form over function, I hate that. New door handles are bulbous. Engine roars-needs insulation but bulletproof. U-Haul still won't rent a trailer to Explorer owners, what a shame. It pulls them great. With that said, it is solid, boxed framed and spacious. Buy it!

4.75 out of 5 stars

Great buy for the money

Robert, 07/01/2009
XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for about a year now. Great pickup with the v6 and good power. Would suggest to anyone who wants an import. It just is not worth the extra money when this car is so much less and preforms just as well if not better. As for the interior not being stiched leather, get over it. its a ford, not a lincoln. No problems whatsoever. Car tells me when to get my oil changed, low tire pressure, low gas, etc. It has a very smart on board computer.

5 out of 5 stars

what a GREAT CAR!!!

tom galvin, 07/18/2009
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been great from day one no problems very comfortable great power, turning radius, design and everything!! ive only owned fords in the past and have had an explorer before but this blows all of them out of the water!!!

4.88 out of 5 stars

Love it!

lynn, 10/05/2009
XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After reading, test driving,etc. etc. I just couldn't talk myself out of getting this Explorer and am so glad I didn't! I love it, the ride is great, easy for my elderly parents to get in and out, as well as the grandkids! I actually look forward to driving to work! Interior is very nice and easy to use audio system. Can't say anything bad about it!

12345...8