Used 2018 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Escape for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Surprisingly amazed

Phil, 06/21/2018
SE 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my new 2018 Escape yesterday. My family has a Honda CR-V and a BMW X3 SUVs. We didn't expect too much for Ford Escape. Now I'm enjoying it. I like its style. I was attracted by its beautiful exterior and value. The seating and ride quality are much better than our CR-V EX, I'm comparing it when it was new. There is virtually no wind noise with Ford Escape. Wish it has bigger screen and collision avoidance, lane keeping stuff. The price is great. Oh, yesterday Ford is among top 5 of JD Power's initial quality report. Hope it's long term reliability also go up.

One Huge Regret

Opa Oliver, 11/12/2018
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am a 71 y o male taking care of two developmentally disabled people. I am on the large side 6'2"and 275 lbs. This Escape is easy to get in and out of for me and my two clients. Surprising amount of cargo room. The driver has everything within easy reach and logically located. It handles like a dream whether in a tight parking lot or on the highway. Living in Colorado at high altitude is no problem for the four cylinder turbo engine. It is quick, damn quick. The transmission is so smooth it almost feels like a single speed. The fuel economy is great with 24 mpg around town and 29 mpg on the highway. I am a cautious driver but when there is need to accelerate the feeling is exhilarating. Started out using premium fuel, then mid-grade and now regular. Fuel economy and thrill of driving feels the same with all three grades of fuel. Visibility, comfort, technology and dependability are all superior. My ONE HUGE REGRET is that I should have bought one sooner.

2nd time around

Rich, 08/03/2018
SE 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After 6 years of driving an Escape, we wanted to try a new type of vehicle. Tried almost all small to midsize SUVs, we could not find one for a better value and price to rival the Escape.

2018 FORD ESCAPE is a Good Value

Greg in West Chester Ohio, 01/09/2018
S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle is indeed a good value. I purchased a Ford Escape S. Base model that still has plenty of features to make driving this vehicle easy. The interior is a bit busy and maybe a bit dated. Backup camera screen is smaller than others but is functional. Handling is good - the vehicle feels solid. SYNC for android phone is very good. Balance of front versus rear seat room is good for a vehicle this size. Cargo space is adequate - again considering the relatively low price of the vehicle. With discounts and negotiation I purchased a $25,800 vehicle for $19,900. I am quite satisfied with the features and quality at that price. Now allow me to drive it 150,000 miles as I intend to do over the next 6 years and hopefully I will have minimal maintenance and repair issues. Then I will be even happier with my decision to purchase the Ford Escape S.

Less is better

dan, 08/01/2018
S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Wanted a basic vehicle, good gas mileage, and the ability to haul something bigger than a suitcase. The standard version suits my needs just fine. Overall grade B+. Drives and handles similar to previous 2015 fusion. I've heard they have the same chassis. More "features" would have lowered grade for me. Push button start has NO purpose, and can be a safety hazard-no ignition interlock etc. Start stop is a battery killer in the midwest, and everyone I know has bypassed or disabled it. Myself, I'll save the 3k for foot activated liftgate. I realize some people want all the bells and whistles, but I don't. I have also owned 2011 and 2008 escapes. Biggest irritation with this one is liftgate ajar alarm. If you ever have to haul something with the liftgate strapped down(not able to close it), this alarm will drive you nuts, and there is no way to shut it off

12345...14