Used 2010 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Wish I never bought this
By donotbuyford

2010 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Brought a brand new 2010 Ford Escape.
Have consistently had AC problems.
Just had the 4th dealer try to fix it, this time for $1000+...still not fixed.
I've read several reviews re faulty AC units in this make and model.
In fact what happened with my AC sounds very similar to the other comments on this site re the 2010 Escape.

I also had to replace the rack and pinion and battery.
I've put in at least $2500 of repairs within 5 years and 50,000 miles of purchase, and I'm just waiting to hear what's next. This car was a giant waste of money.
I am very unhappy with (if not angry about) this purchase. I will never buy another Ford.

Fix the AC design defect

wish i never bought one :(
By usedtobeford

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

purchased new in 2010.
Brake issues
at 40,000 km cost me $1000.
Had to replace hatch latch as door wouldnt open $420.
Now have hard shifts, clunking underneath.
Brakes shot again.
Dealer wants to replace lower control arms as well, says cant advise if transmission problems until control arms are changed.
Grand total of $1600+ Tax.
For real!?
might have to trade it in for a real car... guess I'm going to
hyundai for a santa fe

none

better customer service, it would be nice if Ford stood behind there products. I feel ripped off.

Great value!
By osawe

2010 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Best small SUV ever owned. I have the 5 speed, 2.5. Bought it brand new and it has being nothing but pure pleasure to drive. A.C and all power options still working. Original factory battery. Needs new rear shocks and a paint job - that is it. Love my car!

Worst. Vehicle. Ever.
By jaadamoo

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Escape Limited in November 2009. The bells & whistles attracted me to it. But man, this vehicle has been a nightmare since day 1. The transmission is total crap. It's been in the shop 9 times in 4 years for transmission issues. Now the trans is on the verge of complete failure. Throttle body died at 59k miles, A/C blower is going out, heated seats gave out. It's slowly falling apart. The dealership is always giving me the run-around and repairs are starting to become costly. This is my 6th Ford and sadly it will be my last. I've lost all faith in their products.

Sync, Active Park Assist

Run Away!
By mel1898

2010 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

When I turned on the AC for the first time this year it made a loud grinding noise for a few seconds, then never cooled. Took it in to the dealership to check and for regular 45,000 mile maintenance. Dealer called and gave the following description of the problem ..."in the AC dryer there is a filter bag with "little blue balls" of dessicant. It seems that it is a very common problem that these filter bags burst and flood the entire AC system with the balls (aka "debris") which causes all the parts to fail and or clog. Many of the parts can't be effectively flushed so the have to be replaced." The cost to replace the entire AC system (all valves, tubes, hoses, evaporator, compressor, condens

Expensive Repairs under 50,000 miles! Condescending/ Rude Customer Service agents who will discuss "the limitations of your new car warranty" only.

Redesign the faulty filter in the $30 AC dryer?