Used 2008 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

Used Escape for Sale
Select your model:
12345...47

Pros
Cons

Terrible product, terrible customer service

kwolff1, 02/19/2014

We bought a 2008 Escape, we were so excited to finally have what we thought was a great new car. Well that quickly turned into a nightmare. It needed a new transmission in 2013, and now the transmission is gone again. $7000 to fix!!!! Why does the transmission last only a year?? What garbage. Then on top of the product being terrible, we were treated poorly when we took it to Ford AND by the representatives we spoke to at customer service o the 1-800 number. We are taking it to Honda to trade it in like the scrap it is, and getting a car we can actually rely on!!

Awesome small SUV!

mmckimmey, 02/11/2015
XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2008 Escape V6 AWD is awesome! It does very well in all weather conditions. The V6 is powerful, sounds good, and gets decent MPG. If you want a 4 cylinder, get a 2009. The 2.3L 4 and 4-spd in the 2008 is woeful! Overall, build quality is excellent. A few rattles here and there, but none are pervasive or persistent. Seats are great, and the ride is super smooth! Wonderful for a long trip. The electric power steering provides good feel at high speeds, and lots of assist at parking lot speeds for easy parking. Ride height is great! Just make sure to service the transmission OFTEN and keep an eye on the levels. These have a tendency to blow cooler lines.

Failed Transmission

cjutte, 08/01/2011

I used to love my Ford Escape. It was a great value and the perfect size for my family of 3 1/2. BUT after my transmission failed at 62,000 miles (just 2,000 miles out of warranty) I will never again purchase another Ford. I was originally looking at Honda and Toyota and wish I had spent the extra money on one of those brands. Not happy with my experience.

TRANSMISSION FLUID LEAK FROM CONDENSER

ashleyohio, 05/03/2013

My 2008 had been diagnosed with a transmission fluid leak from the condenser on May 2 2013. I am 8 months out of my warranty and 10,000 miles under my warranty. This is a $300-$800 repair. The only way to get reimbursed for this issue is after a recall has been published. Only way to get a recall is for about 150,000 complaints to be filed. They must be filed through Ford (1-888-392-3673) and through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (888-327-4236). It take 5-10 minutes for each of those calls and we are steps closer to a recall being issued.

Better than her Mercedes V8 SUV..by far!

fordz4evr, 01/30/2012

My wife had a 2000 Mercedes SUV...430 something or other. Nothing but problems. Accelerator module,seat problems, sunroof stuck open on vacation, check engine light etc, etc... One day I said "this is it...we're going to the Ford dealer and trading this piece of junk" We walked into the showroom and I told her to pick any model she wanted...she wanted the Escape for it's size and maneuverability in traffic. Now, please understand that my wife was no Ford fan...she had a 58' which was junk and swore she'd never own another. She is now in love with her Escape. It's reliable, fun to drive and has incredible acceleration with the V6. When we get a new car, I'm taking hers.

12345...47