Used 2008 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

Used Escape for Sale
Select your model:
12345...47

Pros
Cons

Great small family SUV

mrjustin24, 06/24/2014
XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It still had the truck styling. Too bad the new ones look like space ships. We bought it as a small, safe, family car. It completely served the purpose. It had plenty of cargo space. The seats were cloth and a rough material. Water would leave rings in the material too. However, it was reliable.

Great Little SUV - BUT slippery when wet

descape1, 01/01/2014
XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've only owned my Escape for 11 months, and I love almost everything about it. It has plenty or room, all seats are comfortable and it's fun to drive and easy to park. I have not had a single issue with it, except I think it might need a battery soon, but that's to be expected with any car that has 72,000 miles and temps around zero here in the Midwest. My only complaint is I didn't get the 4wd. Even with new tires, the front wheels spin at every start when it's raining or snowing. I'm getting used to the traction control light blinking at me (indicating the wheels have lost traction), but still very annoying. Maybe I have a lead foot for the amount of torque in the V6.

Transmission Cooler Leak

ashnm, 03/10/2010
XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Ford will fix this problem at no cost to you. I have a 2008 Ford Escape and my transmission cooler is leaking, causing my transmission to slip. I took my car into Park Cities Ford this morning and they printed out a TSP (Customer Satisfaction Program 09B10) dated March 2010. The form states that the "Transmission Fluid cooler in your vehicle may develop a crack and leak transmission fluid. If not repaired, this leak may result in rough/harsh shifting and potential damage to the transmission." "FMC has authorized your dealer to perform the repairs under this program on your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor). The Program will be in effect until August 31, 2010 regardless of mileage.

08 Escape 4 cyl Auto Great MPGs for SUV! Very reliable

dalebass3, 04/03/2013
XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our escape with 46k on it and have put 40k on it since. It is a great vehicle for a small family. We are about to have a second child so we are thinking about upsizing a little. These old style boxy SUVs have more room than the newer crossovers I think. Only problem we had was when there was a carbon build up on the throttle body that was making it hard to press the gas. That was easily fixed with some carb cleaner.

97K miles, 2nd Escape & it's a great car

christofferson, 12/02/2012
XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

2008 is my 2nd Escape, previous 2003 that transmission went out at 119K. This one I have 97K miles on it today, and have had no major failures or problems. I like it and it was an excellent buy and value. Mileage is good for a 4X4 and it has handled very well in water, mud and sand (Rocky Point, MX--not 4-wheeling, just the circumstances--rare). I am buying a 2012 right now. I don't like 2013 body style 3.0-V6 This Escape & all small SUVs, have lot of road noise. Seats get tiring when you driving long. That's the nature of what you get and what you pay. Buy good Michelin tires. People complain about seats staining--very easy--use carpet cleaner or expecially Oxyclean---works!

12345...47