2020 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $9,348
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Just about everything you could want...But

Happy campers, 11/04/2019
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We purchased the SEL model and the interior is very luxurious. The car is the most quiet car we have ever owned and we have owned a few luxury cars. I call it a car as it drives and rides more like a car than an SUV which is exactly what we wanted. But when you need an SUV it has All wheel drive and with the backs seats folded down and you have the most cargo area of any SUV in its class and It handles beautifully. Two things I miss on the SEL model are the ambient lighting which lights the floor, the door handles,the cup holders and tray under the consul. it also doesn't have a memory seat for the driver which would be very nice since it has a 10 way power adjustment. It would nice to simply get into the car and oush a button to go back to your seat position. We found that only the Titanium models had these two options.

I'd give the car a 4.5 out of 5

eighthof8, 07/08/2020
SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We purchased our 2020 Edge SEL new. It now has 2,000 miles on the clock. It's an overall great car. I don't suppose any car is totally perfect, so here are my cons: 1. The brake pedal sits too low to the floor which makes it unable to stretch out your limbs on a long trip. 2. Ford made a weird hump where your left foot rests; very uncomfortable 3. Your right knee, at least in my case, rests against the hard plastic console when having your foot on the accelerator. 4. Ford could do a little better in some areas with panel fit and finish. I should mention that "all" vehicles from luxury to mid-priced we looked at had a few problems in this area. Pros: 1. Almost everything! 2. In our opinion it's the best looking SUV made. 3. Lots of power. 4. First car we've owned with semi-autonomous driving, lane keeping assist, and cross traffic alert. Ford did an outstanding job with these safety features; all vehicles should be mandated to have them. 5. Seats are very comfortable. With all the options on the power seats you can tweak them to get them just right. 6. Easy entry and exit from the doors for those of us that are calorie challenged. 7. Love the little extras like running your foot underneath the rear bumper to open the tailgate. 8. And this is a biggie: Ford offers key-less entry by using a keypad on the drivers door pillar. You can lock the unlock the door using the keypad enabling us to leave the fob in car all the time.

Great SUV

JNM, 02/11/2020
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I would recommend the AWD over FWD, the car just drives a lot better. The car is comfortable smooth and roomy for passengers. The interior is one of the best of any SUV, it gives the feel of a luxury car without the luxury price.

Ad
Build Your Edge
At a Glance:
  • 5 Trims
  • $31,250starting MSRP

Absolutely OUTSTANDING!

Mark Sanofi, 10/21/2019
SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

SEL gave us all we needed. This vehicle tracks dead straight and is probably the easiest to drive we have ever owned. Blind spots are not a problem with the safety assist included. We like the seats and comfort of the ride. ZERO buyers remorse, which is rare for us !

Best we could find after looking at EVERYTHING

Jlward953, 02/11/2020
SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I own a white 2020 Ford Edge SEL FWD with several upgraded packages like cold weather, electronics, and safety. Previous vehicle was a 2016 Ford F-150. I also own a 2020 Ford Explorer which is AMAZING! Best vehicle I've ever been in! It suites my wife's needs better than mine though. I research major purchase like it's the only thing going on in my life at the time. After reading reviews, spec sheets, and looking at safety tests, it was off with the family to pile in and try all the cars I looked at. Some were underpowered (looking at you CRV and RAV4), some felt cheaply made like the Mazda to a degree and the Kias for sure. And some were overpriced for what they are (again, looking at you CRV and RAV4). The domestic vehicles always rate a bit lower because of their cost. The thing is, we paid almost $8,000 under MSRP for ours. That effects the value retention and general value of the vehicle. Consumer reports is not comparing apples to apples. Neither is KBB when it comes to retained value. If you adjust my car's start price to my actual purchase price, my car has a 7% retained value higher than the Honda (class leader when I looked) My gripes: The plastic they use in front of the console is shinny and black. It's cheap looking, and gets dirty if you look at it too hard. The windshield had an odd warp near where the camera and lidar units reside. It's not terrible, and I suspect it would be replaced under warranty. The seats are made of active X. I can't say I hate it at all. I just can't say I love it either. I thought it was leather when I saw it on another vehicle the first time. It's obviously not leather after a more careful look. This car does not get the fuel economy it says it will. Even the dash co.puter is wrong. I've checked fuel economy each time I fill up. 25 was my highest, but I average 22-23. That's 60% highway. And I'm darn good an getting good economy out of cars. I've been known to set my cruise at 60 in a 70mph zone to get more fuel economy. I'm probably that car you think has an older person driving it! Though, I'm only 33. Overall, I would say this is the best value out there I'd you're looking for comfort, 2 rows, and a large storage area, but do not want to drive a sedan. It meets my families needs.

12345...9