2017 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Jim’s review of his 2017 Edge
By Jim

2017 Ford Edge SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned a 2017 Edge and it has a nasty rattle in the dash. Various dealers are unable to find it. I will try once more and then I will replace it. I don’t think it will be another Ford.

2017 Ford Edge Sport One Year Review
By JD Pompano

2017 Ford Edge SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I compared many SUV's in this class including luxury Mercedes GLC 300 and Audi Q5 and equipped as the Edge Sport would be well over $50K. Looked closely at the new VW Tiguan and Atlas and felt both were underpowered compared with the Edge Sport. After one year I have not had any problems, just normal maintenance oil change, fuel economy in the city has been 17 and on the highway 25 mpg, so for the power of the 2.7L Turbo V6 this seems very good, I would expect better mileage with the new transmission in the 2018, engine runs perfectly on regular gas and I see no change if I switch to higher octane. I negotiated a reasonable deal with Ford dealer and kept the SUV fully equipped around $42K not including tax and fees. I had no trade in and pre-approved credit from USAA, so that also helped keep price down.

Front seats are way to narrow
By Atlasman

2017 Ford Edge SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I’m not massively obese I’m 6’0 and 250 pds. The front seat is about 4-5 inches too narrow for me to be comfy. I liked the rig other than that point

Edge has the edge!
By Ralph Barris

2017 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Other.than getting about 14 mpg in local driving I find my 2017 Ford Edge a fine SUV. It is responsive, powerful, easy to get in and out of (I am 80 yrs old) power seats are comfortable and everything works as promised!

winter nightmare!
By joyce

2017 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love everything about this vehicle except 2 things. The headlights are small and you must use your brights to see good at night. The second is more serious! I live in Wisconsin, and the snow will build up around the back wheel,which is common for all vehicles, however the doors are designed to wrap under the rocker panels and freeze shut! The back doors are especially bad because the frozen ice/snow mix in your wheel well is completely frozen. There is no way you can get the doors open. I will be trading it in before winter. In the meantime I will still enjoy the car. I really do like everything else about it.