Used 2014 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Perfect for our needs.
By Ken

2014 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Solid, well performing SUV. Plenty of room to fit our dog + carry other cargo. Has nice options and is comfortable. Only disappointment is poorly designed climate control and remote radio systems.

Riding the Edge
By Kim Kurtz

2014 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Edge is a very nice ride and in the three years we have owned it only the battery has failed us. Wish it had a dash storage space like my Fusion though. I would definitely recommend this vehicle as a family ride.

Nice Ride
By Steve

2014 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Edge for about 6 weeks and have over 4,500 miles on it already. No issues to speak of. Car seems to be very solid, ride and handling are outstanding. Slightly disappointed in the MPG so far. Around town and short trips I have only gotten between 20-21mpg. On a recent road trip we did get 25-26mpg.

Most Comfortably Quiet Ride Ever!
By Sheila Bragg

2014 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have never been more pleased with a vehicle than I am with this Ford Edge. We drove it as a test drive and never drove another. It is so comfortable and quiet. Lots of leg room in the front and rear. Lots of storage space. Hugs the road very well on turns. Very impressed with how it handles in a heavy rain/wind storm. I am 5'4" and my husband is 6'2". We can adjust the seat to fit either one of us comfortably. Both of our grandkids with carseats fit very well in the back---it was not too tight at all (one rear facing, one front facing). You won't regret this purchase.

Sharp Edge
By Richard Clark

2014 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First of all it's a great car and gets lots of compliments. However, after owning a few SUV's in the past, I am disappointed that the rear tailgate window does not open. It is a fixed window which makes transporting certain items impossible. The Entertainment center is a bit confusing as I have read in almost all the reviews. So, more one has to dedicate time to learning how to use it as well as the climate control. But I'm sure I will love this Ford.

Now that I've driven the Edge for several months , the one thing that bothers me is that the field of vision is not what I've been use to in the past.
It's difficult to pull into a parking space and have the vehicle positioned right. This may be because the area where the front windshield pillars meet the
hood leaves a great blind spot. Even for a person 6 feet tall, it's hard to see each front corner of the car.