2018 FIAT 500e Review
Pros & Cons
- Nimble handling
- Compact and easy to park
- Typically more affordable than other EVs
- Dinky cargo space and back seat
- 84 miles of range is less than most EVs
- Missing the latest driver safety aids
- Sales are limited to California and Oregon
List Price Estimate
$13,224 - $15,673
Used 500e for SaleSee all for sale
Which 500e does Edmunds recommend?
Choosing which 2018 Fiat 500e to buy is easy because it only comes in one trim. The only options are a sunroof and the eSport package, which gives the 500e a distinctive look for a negligible extra cost.
Edmunds' Expert Review
The 500e is an entertaining electric vehicle, with good moves at every turn. It's actually quicker to 60 mph than the regular Fiat 500. Driving that enthusiastically will greatly reduce range, however, so it's best to keep a light foot.
The Fiat 500e is quiet, but its suspension delivers a busier and more unsettled ride on uneven surfaces than we'd like.
Like a regular Fiat 500, the 500e suffers from two things: form over function and, to a greater degree, a back seat that isn't terribly practical for family use. Think of it as a two-seater and you'll get along with it much better.
There isn't much room for cargo behind the rear seats if someone is sitting there. They need to be folded to get much utility. The 500e works best in the two-seat configuration.
Most helpful consumer reviews
Battery Electric 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)
The Fiat dealership and management was great when leasing the Fiat. The car was great to drive, had a few issues with charging initially, firmware upgrades, Auto Windows broke in between. when it got time to return the vehicle, the service was crappy. The closet dealership to return was 50 miles away, the car would not drive across highways to reach the dealership. The fiat roadside assistance would not cover the extra miles. Crappy Fiat management of lease options.
Features & Specs
Our experts like the 500e models:
- ParkSense Rear Park Assist System
- Sounds an alert as the Fiat 500 approaches an object behind the car.
- ParkView Rear Backup Camera
- Displays an image of the area directly behind the car in the central touchscreen.
- Hill Start Assist
- Keeps the brakes applied even after you let your foot off the pedal while on a hill to prevent rolling backward.