You don't have to give up much to go electric. The 2017 Fiat 500e hatchback is just as fun and personable as the regular 500. It is also as quick and maneuverable. But you will still want to consider whether an electric vehicle fits your lifestyle before taking the plunge.
The electric 500e was introduced in 2015 and instantly injected life into the stylish Italian coupe. It has enough range to compete with segment leaders and charges quickly, too. Add its small proportions, precise handling and EV pep, and you get a truly enjoyable car. In fact, in some ways, the 500e is more fun to drive than its gas counterpart. Yet there are drawbacks. Its backseat is small, some controls are awkwardly placed, and cargo space is limited due to the battery. But if you are shopping for a lively runabout and an electric vehicle is right for you, the 500e is worth considering.
- As much fun to drive as its gasoline-powered counterparts
- Plenty of range for daily errands and commutes
- Compact and easy to park
- Sales are limited to California and Oregon
- Battery pack location shrinks rear cargo space
- Backseat passengers also lose legroom due to the battery pack