Used 1995 Eagle Talon Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Eagle Talon Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Talon model:

Worth Every Penny
By John

1995 Eagle Talon Hatchback ESi 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in 96 because it was eye-catching and no one had this car. It was a floor model with 500 miles on it driven from one dealer to the next. I have only had minor issues with this car. Relay sensors, other sensors, a recall, broken door handle. I have 108000 miles on it and an drive it 100 miles a day. I fill up on the fourth day so fuel economy is great. This car style was far ahead of its time and the quality was fantastic. I put low profile tires & rims, added mirror tints, and a small antenna to make the overall look pop even more. Great car for the Fast & Furious enthusiasts, just wish I had extra cash to make it look even better. Only 25000 so hook yours up or get one.

For a non-turbo model it has LOTS of pep. I like the color and the interior was nice design as well. Had a good set of speakers too.

After years in the sun, the dashboard warps slightly by the passenger air bag. Better breaking power not as great. Louder horn sounds like a bird. Backseats only comfortable for two people with a bump in the center of seats.

transmission
By killdatalon

1995 Eagle Talon Hatchback ESi 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with the intention of a reliable car well I got the car with around 85,000 miles and I thought huh should be good low miles just getting broke in. Nope that was not the case bout two months of driving timing belt timing gears and water pump all at one time. Then bout two weeks later the master cylinder for clutch started leakin. I was like ok there should be any more problems for a while then bout 8 months after purchase the trans blew a hole in the side of it I was like noway well I got one out of junk yard for 500 bucks and again 5 months later the same happened again all I have to say is the car was probably a good little car when it was new but if you by one used beware.

handling overall very fun to drive

stronger parts on car stop using aluminum???

Most reliable, cool car ever
By JC

1995 Eagle Talon Hatchback ESi 2dr Hatchback

I never owned a more reliable car than this one, even after 8 years of driving one. I have never ever had a problem withthis car other than a sensor light and now, the paint is beginning to fade and come off. It always starts, always performs, has never let me down. Its economical, fun to drive, and has an awesome sound system. Wish they still made 'em...I'd get another in a heartbeat....

Awesome styling!!Still looks good on the road, even years later.

A better looking and better placement for the spoiler. The turning radius is awfully wide. Other than that, there aren't any more suggestions.

Hate to sell
By gonzo

1995 Eagle Talon Hatchback ESi 2dr Hatchback

I have absolutely no complaints about this car, it's just time to get a new car. Well, maybe one complaint, it is difficult to fit more than 3 people in the car comfortably, eg; long trips. Smooth drive, great air conditioner, power windows, locks and many other amenities made you feel like you were in a luxury sports car.

Automatic is fantastic. My husband had the exact same car except his was manual. Mine was just as quick.

Slight cosmetic flaw on passenger air bag should be remedied.

long term car
By roadrunner

1995 Eagle Talon Hatchback ESi 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my Talon for 11 years & have loved it. After initial problems, covered by warranty, it has performed well & looks great! I have maintained it well.

Features & looks were way ahead & still are outstanding. No rust & paint looks like new after a shine. People cannot believe it is a 1995!

A great car to dress up.