Used 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

The big Dodge
By Kim

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 WS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have bought this truck for my dad, ever since I took it home my father babied it waxed it even after his 2 heart attacks ..my father loved his Dodge, that’s why we still have the truck.

Mopar or NO car
By Matt Mclain

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Got this Truck in trade 5.9 engine is old school push rod love my (360) I like my dumb push rod engines over the overhead cam VVT now days you cant rebuild any engine unless you want to spend $$$$$ anyways the intake plenum pan gasket leaks vacuum in the lower crank case it's a $0.50 cent gasket sucks have to pull the intake I replace the pan gasket & front timing cover gasket and chain set and the water pump rubber elbow cost $150 PARTS now it last another 164k

Love this old truck
By JD

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck almost 18 years ago and have grown attached to it. Has it's quirks (have to learn to work the tranny manually so it doesn't search for power) 318 is a rock solid engine. Don't get me wrong, truck is slow as hell, but it always starts, always goes. Lots of salt in northern Illinois so it has all the typical rust you would find on a Ram of this year. Have 266000 miles on it now. Typical dash cracks. Truck still does truck things, hauls, tows. Like an old dog, I just can't contemplate putting it down. I'm probably biased by now, even though all the new trucks have surpassed it in tech and performance, I'll keep mine. Love it. Brakes aren't great even when new, but I've adjusted. Lights have always been poor. Steering wonder is a long known issue with old pitman arm setup. Very smooth running at hwy speeds (about 1900 rmp at 70mph with 3.55 gearing). Good light duty truck.

257,000 and still running great
By Martin

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Bought it at 250,000 thought I was an idiot but it was the exact opposite. I live in Texas and like to fish a lot so the terrain gets rugged. The 4x4 works great, does kinda stick a little but it'll still go in gear after I put it back in 2WD then crank it back to 4x4. Haven't had any issues with it since I've had it besides general maintenance except for the passenger window motor going out. Other than that it was a great buy. I've never had a problem towing or hauling either. Gas mileage city blows but I don't drive that much during the work week so I only have to throw in $30 every two weeks or so.

Great Truck
By bob

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought my truck brand new in 1999, truck has performed awesome!
4x4 is fantastic in the snow, handles great.
truck has 158,000 miles now with no issues other than regular maintenance like brakes, battery etc.

clear coat failed but that's not Dodges fault!!!
this truck was my 3rd ram and two weeks ago I just bought a 2015 ram 1500 and absolutely love it!!

This has been an amazing truck...durable...rides great..never left me walking.

I will always recommend a dodge truck to anyone who asks!