Used 2003 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sebring for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Absolute Headache

subfarm, 04/26/2008
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car when I bought it, but I have spent 5k just maintaining it in a little over a year. First it was regular maintenance - replace the timing belt at 90,000, little things like that, but then the fuel pump failed with no warning, there is a constant misfire that has been looked at by SIX different mechanics (including 2 Chrysler dealerships) and no one can tell me what is causing it, the computer isn't listing codes. It got FANTASTIC gas mileage up until the drama with the misfire began. There's been other problems owning this car is like being pecked to death by chickens. I will never purchase another Chrysler. OH and it leaks like a sieve when it rains!

Love It!

jess, 05/07/2008
LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car only a few months ago, but so far have taken it on 3 road trips. I love the way it drives. Haven't had any major problems with it. Sunroof didn't open all the time took it back to dealership they replaced the motor of it. Other than that I love everything about it. It has a lot of interior space.

2003 Sebring LXI

Royal, 05/20/2008
LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the worst car I have ever owned in my 30+ years. I have just under 50k miles and have had the following replaced or repaired- radio / truck air shocks / visor clip / water pump / transmission seal / oil gasket / 2 sets of tires / brakes / front door handle / power windows / all four doors have had the entire plastic housing come loose and break off - oh and by the way this is a company car that is primarily driven by me with NO passengers to mess with stuff! A person expects repairs, but not to the extent that this car has had. Looks great, ride not too bad for a smaller lower priced car -quality of build is worst ever-Chrysler should be ashamed to have their name on product

Very durable car

TArcher, 01/11/2020
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Im in sales so I bought a Sebring as a short term car to drive around for work. Have had it for 2 years and only needed to replace tires on it. Was a good sign when I brought it in to the dealership and the receptionist didn't know how to spell Sebring because they never get any in for repairs.

Have a second engine on hand

NE WISCONSIN, 01/14/2021
LXi FFV 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

You buy this car make sure the water pump and timing chains have been checked or replaced after 100,000 the water pump shaft seal will take the coolant and shove it into the engine because it will start leaking will cause catastrophic damage if not caught I caught mine while sitting in the driveway warming up it look like an external leak just coolant I used sealer which did not work all except for the outer leak however the inside of the water pump or the shaft seal is it was leaking past the shaft seal into the crankcase it's a known Chrysler issue they were taken to court with a class action lawsuit however there was a bunch of loopholes so not a people got compensated I'm going to buy another one but I'm going to do have a second engine on hand already have one now I'm going to get another one today or next week