Used 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Very pleased
By VA

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So far I'm very pleased. GM definitely made strides with this truck. In particular the interior comfort and build quality is far better than in previous years. Gas mileage isn't good, but hey, it's a truck!

General interior design. Gauges are easy to read. Rides great. Backup sensors is a great feature.

Turning radius. You need about an acre to turn this beast around.

Winner
By TB

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my new Silverado as do my wife and kids. It was finally time to move on from my Ford Bronco and I was looking for a pick up. I really don't think you could go wrong with any of the big trucks out on the market today (Tundra, F150, Titan, Ram). I have the FTZ version (black on black) and the interior is outstanding with quality materials. My wife has an Acura and the interior is just as nice. It also drives real smooth with good power from the 5.3L V- 8(315hp). The seats are comfortable with plenty of room front and back. I've only had my Silverado for 3 months but I enjoy driving everytime I set foot in the truck.

Subtle bold and classic truck appearance. Classy quality interior. Strong Engine. Smooth ride. 20" wheels. OnStar is excellent. XM radio (Disney for the kids). Rear headrest DVD in both seats (no fighting over what to watch with a boy and girl on long trips). Good truck bed space for hauling.

Better turning radius. Gas mileage not as good as advertised (it's still not bad for a truck). Glove box is worthless (center council is good). Needs side cup holders in back. Would be nice for a 180 flip in the center council lid with cupholders for the back when seating 5. Should come w bed liner

07 Silverado
By J. Tilson

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Outstanding styling and a 4.8L V8 that is more than capable of getting the job done at the construction site. Even the lifelong Ford guys at my company have nothing bad to say about the truck, except the sloping bed.

The front end is just about perfect and the truck is virtually maintenence free. Also, the on-road handling is superior to any truck I've owned in the past.

The suspension is a little stiff and could use some softening.

Excellent
By Brian

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I would have to say this truck is a great all around vehicle, whether on or off road it out performs all other half- ton trucks. The interior design is simple and functional and every mile of the 24000 I have driven so far has been a blast. Thanks for a great truck!

Ease of use of control panels and radio

Love it!
By Matt

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really like my new Silverado. What a great truck! It feels so crisp. The interior feels so spacious and solid. Very quiet ride, and fairly comfortable considering the 20" wheels. It could use some integrated blind spot mirrors, though. The power is good. Not as much as my old Titan that was a rocket out of the hole. But it's stong and smooth. No squeaks. The dash looks great and the seats are very comfortable. The truck has so many features and creature comforts. Ample storage for the front. Could be better compartmentized for rear passangers.

The sheer brute size. Comfortable ride and soft leather. Radio is great. Consistantly smooth accelleration. Features galore! Feels like a luxury vehicle.

Integrate the electronic brake controller with all tow packages, or provide a factory harness for ease of installation.