Used 2000 Chevrolet Metro Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Metro for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Amazing Little Car

dragonxks, 01/10/2013
2dr Hatchback

I bought this after my 66' mustang got wrecked I wanted something that was cheap on gas so I got this lil Metro hatchback. I got it for $1,900 with 197+ miles. Put new tires on it for 150$ and replaced the EGR valve that was throwing a code and did a basic tune up on it, plugs,wires,filters and sea-foamed it. Runs perfect. I took it on a vacation trip from Reno to Crescent City ca. I was doing 75 the whole way with my boyfriend and 110 German shepherd and 2 duffel bags of stuff. I was getting 50 mpg when I ran Lucas injector cleaner in the gas tank. Comfy seats surprisingly

Low Cost, Reliable Commuter

Hereld Stuart, 06/24/2002
2dr Hatchback

I average about 45 mpg, commuting on highway, some mountainous road, and some stop&go commuting. I have about 100,000 miles on my 2000 Metro, with no mechanical problems whatsoever. I replace the oil/filter every 5k miles, and have replaced the plugs, the manual transaxle fluid, the brake pads, and the tires once each, every thing else is original. It handles very well under all conditions (except for high winds). Acceleration is not great, especially with air conditioning on, but it's acceptable.

Love this car!

cairishguy, 04/22/2010
2dr Hatchback

Bought this car new and have been driving for 10 years. This is the most trouble free car I have ever owned. The only thing that has failed on this car has been the a/c compressor at 80k miles. That is using the a/c every day summer and winter since I bought it. I've done regular maintenance and this thing just drives forever. I get 45 mpg and the insurance is really low. I've got 124,000 miles and still runs great!

Best car for the buck

benczik, 08/22/2007
2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 69,000 on it and it has 97,000 now. The way the car is performing I would not doubt that it may reach 200,000. Engine is spotless. I heard my pastor's wife say right next to me not knowing it was mine that it was a very quiet car. Made me feel proud. Not to mention getting 53 mpg consistently and a/c still works. I prayed for 2 weeks for a 3 cylinder 5 speed metro at a time when very few were selling them because of fuel prices. I did find some for sale on eBay but did not want to go out of state. Then this car showed up about 2 1/2 miles from my house. The guy said he just showed up with it one hour ago. Paid 2,700. It is just like I wanted but better. Will never sell it!

2000 Chevrolet Metro HB, STD

Mike Nomura, 05/07/2002
2dr Hatchback

For someone who needs only basic, no frill transportation, this car served me just fine. This 1800 pound, three cylinder car keeps up with any freeway traffic. With no A/C and equipted with a manual transmission, all of the energy goes to the wheels. The fifth gear overdrive allows me to coast down a hill without touching the gas pedal and provided me with fifty-seven MPG.